What's everyone reading or watching?

What’s everyone been reading or watching with all this free time? I’m checking out the new Green Lantern and the Green Arrow Rebirth

5 Likes

I just logged on to rewatch The Dark Knight Returns, just to find that they removed it!!! :((((((((((

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Stevotastic. I’ve fallen way behind on current comics and current TV series. Just got caught up on the current season of the flash and Pennyworth, in the process of watching Supergirl. Finished all the Black label comics, Action Comics, Superman and Supergirl. Now trying to get caught up on the Wonder Woman comics.

2 Likes

Just finished reading my Batman by Jeff Loeb & Tim Sale omnibus and starting watching animated movies on here such as Justice League New Frontier and Batman Hush

3 Likes

Yea man they are saving all the good movies for HBO Max right now.

2 Likes

Been enjoying The Batman Who Laughs limited run. I really liked Metal so it’s cool to see that character fleshed out more. Also I’m going back to read the New 52 Batman Endgame. I never got to finish that run and now with the service I can!

Unrelated to DC but I’ve been watching Golden Girls :rofl: honestly, it’s a great show!

3 Likes

How was Pennyworth? I’m pretty caught up on most DC tv but I haven’t watched any of Pennyworth. I’m still waiting on the second season of Krypton but I’ve been slowly working my way through Smallville on Hulu.

2 Likes

Golden Girls is a total classic, let me know if you get desperate enough to watch the Golden Palace spinoff

3 Likes

I read the Batman storylines Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm, and I’m starting on No Man’s Land. Also reading Fraction’s run on X-Men, and Hickman’s Secret Warrior.

3 Likes

Pennyworth is good, I’ve enjoyed the 1st season.

2 Likes

Been going back and reading Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern. I always heard great things but had only read Secret Origin. No time like the present! Also had a friend suggest Planetary and I am LOVING it so far.

1 Like

I just got my first omnibus ever about a week ago with B-Day money. It was the Garth Ennis Hellblazer run. I’m about half way through it right now and it is excellent. I love John’s character.

1 Like

I have been meaning to read that Hellblazer run for years but I keep putting it off. Last time I decided to start at Constantine’s first appearance, but then I just started reading the entire Alan Moore run of Swamp Thing.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to read the Alan Moore Swamp thing run. I’ve also thought about reading either Grell’s Green Arrow run or Sandman.

2 Likes

Riddler related stuff. Both comics and animation here on the service. A shameless plug for #psychologyofsupervillains club cuz May is Riddler month. I’m not a huge fan of BTAS, it’s pretty good but I don’t think it’s the best animated series DC has ever done or even the best Batman animated series ever done.

However, The first 3 Riddler episodes create an great psychological arc for the character. It has a very good 3 act structure for the character and his development.

I would start with the Longbow Hunters because it’s only 3 issues. Sandman is fantastic and you should definitely read it, but it is much longer. If your local library supports Hoopla, they have the whole run on there.

I read Longbow hunters a while back in here. I thought it was great. The artwork was amazing. I just wish that issues 26-79 weren’t missing on here.

1 Like

I never noticed those issues were missing on here. Guess they need to keep some stuff off here so they can announce they are adding new issues every month.