What's a Cool Connection Between Two Characters or Concepts Most People Don't Know About?

One of my favorite things about comics is how everything connects over time - discovering weird little ties that remind me that all of these seemingly unrelated systems and ideas and events all belong to one cohesive world.

For instance, I just found out the other day that Zatanna is one of the last few members of a human-adjacent race that largely evolved into modern-day Atlanteans!

Dick Grayson, both Killer Frosts, and Lana Lang all attended the same college - Hudson University!

The Lazarus Pits that Ra’s al Ghul uses to elongate his life, the alloy the Court of Owls use to create their Talon zombies, and the meteor that made Vandal Savage an immortal all contained the same mineral - Dionesium!

What are your favorite little connections like this?

5 Likes

Superman and the recurring Golden Age newspaper reporter Clark Kent often show up at the same location in various stories. I suppose it must be an in-joke or something.

Okay, I’ll leave the thread to the serious comments now.

8 Likes

In Wonder Woman (1986) #45, the clay that had been formerly used by Zeus to form Pandora is implied to be the same clay that is used to form Diana.

I love mythology which probably ties in to my love of all things Wonder Woman.

6 Likes

Green Lantern lives in the same city as me, and he is my childhood hero.

5 Likes

Sandman has twice saved Stargirl from being sexually assaulted by a supervillain. When she gets married to Atom Smasher Sandy better have a very honored role.

6 Likes

Ah, loving this already!

1 Like

John Henry Irons and Guy Gardner were on the same track team in high school together.

5 Likes

I think you once mentioned that for 6 Degrees of DC.

That track coach deserves a raise if he coached them both.

3 Likes

I always loved that in the Golden Age, Alan Scott and Bruce Wayne both lived in Gotham City.

3 Likes

My city may have hordes of super villains, but we also have hordes of super heroes.

4 Likes

Before they were superheroes, Larry Trainor (Negative Man) and Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) were in the Air Force together.

3 Likes

This guy lives in Gotham and is a huge fan of Superman.

But Superman would probably dislike tommy for what he does for a living.

Oh, and he once threw up on Batman and got a signed autograph from Superman.

3 Likes

Vic sage and Ted kord are from hub city.

3 Likes

Hush was mentored into supervillainy after studying under The Scarecrow.

3 Likes

Here’s another wild one that was just brought to my attention: Jason Todd’s therapist when he was in Arkham? Dr. Harleen Quinzel!

3 Likes

The Golden Age Starman and The Golden Age Phantom Lady are cousins. They never made a huge deal about it, but it was still pretty cool.

4 Likes

Hawkman used to be friends with Jor-El, and they both knew Krypton was dying.

4 Likes

Batman’s British father figure, Alfred Pennyworth, and Deathstroke’s British father figure, Billy Wintergreen, go to the same sports bar in Gotham to watch soccer games together.

7 Likes