What Would You Like to See Whenever We Get a New Batman TV Cartoon Series

IO would like to see is batcat form the start, and a TVMA rating. a adaptation of Rebirth threw City of Bane would be great.

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to see something action oriented, with a focus on the less prominent Batfamily members like Cassandra Cain.

8 Likes

Iā€™d like to see an animated show more in the storytelling style of the Superman/Aquaman Adventure Hour series from 1967 but completely Batfamily focused. The show would have a thirty-minute runtime broken down into 10 minute segments featuring storylines that would revolve around modern-day Batfamily membersā€™ crime-fighting exploits. Stories would be culled from past comic book sagas along with new and original storylines to be produced, and the stories could be encapsulated in single episodes or could overlap with the other Bā€™Family adventures over numerous eps. Structure wise the show would mimic the Golden and Silver age method of telling multiple hero stories all within one comic book.

5 Likes

Focus on Batman, not the batfamily.

7 Likes

A bit of Slice of life spliced in would nice in a show like this as all action can be a bit boring. perhaps a date night episode 1 batcat 2.spoiler and red robin 3 DamiĆ”n Wayne and supermanā€™s daughter to a middle school dance I just want this one cause i find the idea of superman threatening DamiĆ”n about dating his daughter hilarious.

6 Likes

this woudl work well if it takes place from from year one to dark victory and have some more batcat moments. perhaps a 3 episodes focusing on the catwoman when in Rome tie in to dark victory.

Side note: i just started the long Halloween as i have been reading a lot of elseworld tales and batman rebirth along with catwoman 2018. so i have not really read much new earth. however i do read a lot of wikia articals.

3 Likes

the prophesized batgirl series would also be cool, with Babs taking Cassandra Kain and Stephine brown under her wing.

or a no mans land adaptation with more batcat would be another good series.

5 Likes

I would like a new Batman Beyond series unconnected with the original but even it was it ended too soon and the ending sucked soā€¦
But most of all I NEED a Nightwing series. Donā€™t really care for another Batman series or to even see Batman in a Nightwing series. I would like to see them use Chuck Dixonā€™s run as a foundation and from there mix in newer stuff like characters, plot points, and locations from Seeleyā€™s run and Rebirth up until 50, and a couple things from Higgins too it wasnā€™t all bad. Actually building his rogues gallery would be nice too since he really only has Blockbuster.

4 Likes

For batman beyond which ending as there was the series ending then the 10 years later ending in Justice league unlimited?..perosnally if the did reboot Beyond i would like to see Old man bruce get together with old lady Selina. but again i am a mega batcat fanboy so ya.

a Nightwing show would be a bit interesting but really wings history is to connected to bats to really completely separate the two.

1 Like

Yeah there was the Epilogue episode of JLU I forgot about that. Didnā€™t like that either, but still the last episode of Beyond sucked for an ending.

As for Nightwing, trust me they can be separated. Their lives are not joined at the hips or velcroed together like most people seem to think. They could easily do something as to mention that he and Bruce arenā€™t getting along so therefore they donā€™t interact.

2 Likes

that woudl workā€¦ but still bats did raise dick from what age ten to collage graduation? so he would need to at least make some cameo appearances. personally i think it would be kinda interseting for a season of a Nightwing show to do battle for the cowl.

1 Like

I mean, Ik Iā€™m a little radical not wanting Batman to show up at all, but I could handle something like in Dixonā€™s run when Batman came to visit him in Bludhaven and told him he had a small fortune tucked away from his parentsā€™ death.
But I disagree with Battle For the Cowl. Dick doesnā€™t need to be Batman. And forcing him into the role just solidifies the idea of ā€œBatman liteā€ - that Dickā€™s entire existence is there to prop up Batman and be a plot device for the cape and cowl. Iā€™m really tired of that narrative.
How can he be his own character/hero when heā€™s constantly relegated to the role of a sidekick?

1 Like

I will agree that Nightwing does have an existence outside of bats, (shrugs) however the Teen Titans (cartoon) ruined graysons/robin for me so I am not the biggest fan of him.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not a fan of any of the Titans shows. In the 03 series they tried to make Dick too much like Batman. From there I wish they wouldā€™ve used more characters cuz I ended up liking Titans West more than the main team on the show. The only one I really liked was Raven. TT Go is trash :wastebasket: which to me just shows that DC thinks these characters are a joke and donā€™t even get me started on Titans.
Dick doesnā€™t have a very good showing in any show or movie. They jobbed him to death in every animated movie heā€™s appeared in. Itā€™s really not the best. Thatā€™s partly why I want the show so bad cuz I wanna see a good representation of the character.

1 Like

Agreed @Nobody.bladesmith

2 Likes

Thatā€™s sounds awesome. Maybe a mix of that with Detective Rebirth to get the Batfamily in there. Especially that one since it has characters who arenā€™t on screen as much.
A Cass Clayface adventure episode sounds awesomeā„¢:+1:

3 Likes

I liked Beast Boy best in teen titans, as he is a goofy guy and I am a somewhat goofy guy with the bluntness of Batman.
Well, the latest bats animated movies were more about Damianā€¦which sucked cause I wanted to see bats beat the ever-loving crap out of talon and Slade and feel they DCAMC portrayed a weak batmanā€¦and weak Deathstrokeā€¦till JLD: AW, However, I thought a good representation of dick was seen in Judasā€™s Contract. also letā€™s face facts Dick Grayson gets around with the ladies so that portrayal of his is fitting in Titans.
the journey in titans is that of origins so its Dicks journey to becoming Nightwing in the first two seasons. season two is is basically Nightwing ā€˜Year Oneā€™. just as batman was not awsome in year one, so you canā€™t have an awesome Nightwing from the start, you need to build up to him. it would have been a bit boring if Nightwing was not conflicted.

If we did get a Nightwing series I would rather they explore him hooking up with Babs again instead of Starfire as thereā€™s not enough Nightwing/batgirl love. and she is in BlĆ¼dhaven initially to not be in as hard a town as Gotham well she gets her skill back up to snuff after her legs were restored intends to stay with Dick till she can get an apartment of her own, and does not get her own apartmentā€¦ I canā€™t help but want a romance angle as Nightwing also deserves to be happy.

Note: watched/listened to batman year one 10 times batman is not awesome in year one. he is not really ā€˜batmanā€™ till really year five or even till after bane brakes him the first time and he comes back from thatā€¦I love the strange obsession bats and bane have with seen who can break the others back in the most in rebirth, bane leads batman 3-1.
also if they rebooted batman beyond I would like it if instead of Dana tan Terryā€™s love interest was dick Grayson daughter as that was one of the things I liked about the ending of kingdom come bats son hooking up with and eventually marrying Nightwings daughter. heck have dicks daughter be Dana Grayson as a nod to Dana Tan.

2 Likes

Batman should be main Focus! However I would love Batfamily members to cameo (all robins/Batgirls) etc. obviously I think we NEED some Red Hood!:joy:

3 Likes

I always said there wasnā€™t ever enough Batman cartoons in the last 20 years

4 Likes

How about a new superman cartoon

4 Likes