What would you do if DC was closing over Bankruptcy

???

Wait only five seconds before some mega-conglomerate buys them out.

6 Likes

Roll my eyes as Disney picked it up.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be happy if anybody saved the company by buying them out

Iā€™d just reread 50+ years worth of great comics (well, I wouldnā€™t pick up the New 52 stuff again and the current Didio deconstruction crap) and shout from the highest mountainā€“ā€œI told you so!!ā€

Youā€™ve told DC theyā€™ll go bankrupt?

Truth_Of_Pisces LOL

1 Like

What if? Iā€™d start flying around the world in reverse to turn back time to save DC.

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™d be a little worried since that would mean a T and T and Warner was declaring bankruptcy, which Iā€™m pretty sure isnā€™t going to happen for a long long timeā€¦

3 Likes

Adjust my pillow and go back to sleep while saying ā€œWhereā€™d that enormously unlikely deal come from?ā€ to myself.

5 Likes

The bigger concern would be if WB decided to shut down the DC comic divisionā€¦

Than I will hate WB forever

1 Like

I donā€™t know what Iā€™d došŸ˜£

1 Like

I would be sad. I may have been mad at them yesterday, but I still care about them. DC has so many great Superheroes.

1 Like

Wait until they come out of bankruptcy

1 Like

Be surprised if Disney didnā€™t buy them out and restructure the whole comic universe by doing crisis on Infinite Universe and starting over, Marvel had a chance to buy DC In the 80ā€™ s cause they where doing so bad they stopped and didnā€™t go through with it because they thought they would be creating a monopoly but thatā€™s not the case now there are a plethora of independent comic book companyā€™s now.

Marvel almost went bankrupt in the 90ā€™s. This is just a rough patch for DC. But I wouldnā€™t even call it that. Successful tv shows (Marvel cancelled most of theirs), One of the top 20 movies in the world (Not special considering Marvel is most of those too), and successful comic books. Not to mention DCā€™s heroes are infinitely more awesome.

DC canā€™t really go bankrupt as itā€™s a subsidiary of AT&T. Worst case scenario would be if the bottom completely fell out of comics publishing and they stopped producing new books. When Marvel nearly went under and saved themselves by selling movie rights to Fox and Sony, they were an independent company.

Where is this coming from?

They would never close. I mean DC could, but they would just license the properties to other folks who could do something with them. Donā€™t worry. You will always have Superman.