WHAT WOULD BE THE BLACK LABEL BOOK YOU WOULD WANT TO READ WITH YOUR FAVORITE CREATIVE TEAM

These creative teams could be from anywhere they just can’t be the titles already announced. What creative teams would you want to work on something for the mature superheroes imprint Black Label. Writers like Grant Morrison, Brian Michael Bendis, Paul Dini, Jeff Lemire, Rick Remender, Brian K. Vaughan, Joe Casey, Gail Simone, Mark Russell, Tom King etc. even writers who had classic runs on characters and get to finish their story out of continuity. Having them paired with artists like Tim Sale, Chris Samnee, Michael Avon Oeming, Dustin Nguyen, Jim Lee etc.

Or writer/artists like Stjepan Sejic.

All telling top of their game definitive stories on DC characters. For mature audiences.

These are what my teams and plots for certain Black Label books would be:

Oliver Queen: Broken Arrow (written by Jeff Lemire with art by Andrea Sorrentino): A Dark Knight Returns/Old Man Logan take on Oliver Queen/Green Arrow that would be an epic series that would allow this creative team to give a definitive finale to their version of Oliver Queen.

Superman: Up and Away (written by Brian K. Vaughan and art by Jason Latour): I love Brian K. Vaughan’s work from Y The Last Man or Ex Machina to his short little run on Batman I would love to see him get a Black Label Superman Project it would really intrigue me and I think Jason Latour is a great artist who I’ve seen do a Superman online and it looks glorious and iconic. I’d love to see them to tell a mature Superman story.

Batman: Dark Knight Detective (written by Joe Casey with art by Tim Sale) Joe Casey is a writer who I’ve always liked and has done good work I think he’s got the chops to do a solid Batman story with none other than one of if not my favorite Batman artists Tim Sale. That would be a great Black Label series I would have to pick up.

Stjepan Sejic on a Harley Quinn: Year One Project

There’s so much more I can go on: What are yours…

I need another Superman Wonder Woman story. I loved Charles Soule and Tony Daniel’s run.

1 Like