What would be a DC movie you would make?

If you could make your dream dc movie who would it be about, who are the villans, what is the style, is it live action or animated, who would play your hero/heros and villan/villans, and what would be your synopsis?

Everyones story is special and worth hearing so don’t be shy. I know I’ll love it no matter what. Can’t wait to hear everyone’s ideas.

2 Likes

I would love to a live action film about Barbara becoming Batgirl. She graduates college early and decides to the enroll with the GCPD academy to becoming a cop. While she aces through the academy her father Is reluctant to put her on actual police work and keeps her at a desk job. While off duty, she yearns to do more which leads her to stopping crimes off duty during the night. She quickly becomes a vigilante dinner the “Batgirl”. It’s not until a random series of arsons come across her way that she sees a pattern and decides to investigate on her own. These investigations eventually lead her to Garfield Lynns, the firefly and she’ll stop at nothing until he’s brought to justice.
This a bit different than other batgirl origin stories. Batman is absent but I really feel that she can hold the movie. She’s smart, witty and strong. I have ideas for some side characters: I’ll add Frankie and Alysia in as strong supporting characters as well as Bullock, Montoya and maybe Jadon Bard.
This is still a rough idea but here it is.

Thoughts ?

4 Likes

I like it. I love garfeild lens as the villan. He would be the perfect starting out villain for her. I imagine it would be neat to see her hold her own movie. Although I would love to see her admiration towards batman in some sort of mentions. maybe even have a scene where she tries escape batman because he wants to stop her from taking on the dangerous villan and hurting herself or someone else or just getting in his way overall, as just sheer fan service. It would also make it perfect when she wins and foils his plans, proving herself to batman and gotham that she can be as good of a hero. Overall though I hate this isn’t a movie rn because it would make the perfect DC underdog story.

3 Likes

Thank you! And yeah, you’re right. This would be a good underdog story.

1 Like

I would probably make an animated Justice League movie where the League and the Legion of Doom are inducted into The Culling. It will be a lighthearted and humorous film. Unlike the comic, none of the characters will take the stupid premise even remotely seriously, and 90% of the dialogue will consist of them taking the piss out of Harvest for being a preachy, self-righteous Gary Stu villain with a needlessly convoluted plan that would never work in real life. Also, Harvest will have the voice Linkara gave him in his review.

1 Like

Always wanted a firestorm movie. A live-action version would be great.

4 Likes

This is a very interesting topic, @hannabug99.83221! So many great ideas already!

I’ve dreamed of an animated feature titled “One Bad Day” - a play on the phrase that Joker uses in The Killing Joke. I love comics that show things from Batman’s perspective so this would center around daily events that we as the reader never get to see - mundane tasks, internal “complaint monologue”, and out loud problem solving. A simple villain would play nicely, allowing all the focus to be on The Dark Knight. The finale is Batman saying that in spite of all the bad things happening that evening, he still loves protecting the city. To the audience, it would showcase his true heroic abilities and the sacrifices Bruce makes to keep Gotham safe.

1 Like

Assuming I have access to whatever resources and budget I need? Live-action Legion of Superheroes film. I’m not sure who would be on the full team (since there are SO. MANY. options to choose from), but definitely Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy. Take inspiration from the Mark Waid/Tom Peter post-Zero Hour Legion and tell the group’s origin. The “inspired by Superman’s legacy” bit would remain, but Superman/boy would not actually appear in the film save for statues/holograms/archival footage.
As for actors, I really don’t have anyone in particular in mind for the Legion themselves, but for some reason I see Bryan Cranston as Legion benefactor/mentor R. J. Brande. I would take a cue from the current Bendis run, however, and go for some more diverse options when it comes to casting the Legion members.
Also the film would end with a post-credit scene that shows a time portal opening…followed by a pair of red boots touching the ground. Cue the cape and John Williams’ theme as the Legion looks in awe.

1 Like

Hawkgirl animated film, it would be based on before justice league but after Thanagar, I really like hawkgirl and I kinda want to see her on young justice, if that sounds interesting.

1 Like