What will be the next DCU original animated show?

After Young Justice Outsiders and Harley Quinn, what will be the next animated show for DC Universe? What do you think it will be? What would you like it to be? I honestly have no idea and am excited for whatever comes next.

5 Likes

Justice League Elite would be neat.

3 Likes

I never even considered them. That would be a great animated series. After reading The Witching Hour event in October, I would love to see more of Manitou Dawn. Manchester Black on Supergirl has been pretty cool too so I’d like to see him in JL Elite.

I think Shazam would be a really good series if done right. It would appeal to a younger crowd, but if written right, the older fans as well.

2 Likes

If they wanted to do an adult one I think an animated series about someone like The Demon Etrigan, who would be hard to do “right” on a series budget would be good.

1 Like

If they wanted to do an adult one I think an animated series about someone like The Demon Etrigan, who would be hard to do “right” on a series budget would be good.

I would like Wonder Woman to have her own animated series.

2 Likes

@dragonpriest Shazam would be a good animated series. They could introduce the entire Marvel family and have a light hearted, fun show.

2 Likes

@87benlewis.41858 Wonder Woman is long overdue her own animated show. It would really help introduce general audiences to her villains and supporting cast. I would love a Wonder Woman animated show.

@DanTheManOne1 Etrigan would be fun. I don’t know much about him, but he has ties with a lot of magical beings in the DC universe. His show could have a lot of fun cameos/guest appearances.

2 Likes

They should make a Major Bummer animated show, or even a series of shorts.

1 Like

Shazam. It would be so much fun.

Elseworlds (not, of course, the CW crossover)

I second Major Bummer. Hitman would make for a nice TV-MA series too.

Etrigan has ties with lots of magical being and Jason Blood/Etrigan have been around for basically the entire history of the DC Universe. Throw in some flashbacks and they could have almost anyone appear.

1 Like

It could be cool to get a Birds of Prey show that is a spin-off from Young Justice. They already have Dinah Lance and Barbara Gordon on there. They could start a universe out of the Young Justice. Maybe even do the Shazam show based on that Captain Marvel or a Justice league show focusing on their version of the Justice League.

1 Like

@nu52 I agree. Diana has as rich and long a history as Batman and Superman. Besides Steve and Etta for supporting characters, she has the Themiscarian embassy staff from Greg Rucka’s run, Donna Troy and Cassie Sandmark, the entire Greek pantheon, and a society of Amazons to fill out a series.

I love everyones ideas!! I personally would love to see another Justice League animated series. I know we have the movies so maybe even like a JSA rendition (justice society)

I also agree with everyone else, a wonder woman series would be great. I think I just really like the teams moreso for a new animated series. I second the birds of prey animated series idea!!

2 Likes

Personally id love if they made an anthology series where they tackle more specific plots each season in an american horror story esque way. Like one season could focus on a popular batman plot like snyders new 52 run, then another could focus on say justice league dark, or dark nights metal, or the white knight, or justice league odyssey. No real need for a continuity between everything they could all be stamd alone adventures. Just an outlet for a creative team to tell extended stories of various runs without being confined by the one and a half hour run times you get with the dcau movies.

1 Like

Oh another idea i just had is fables! Id totally watch an animated series about fables completely disconnected from the super hero genre. Especially since telltale went belly up.

1 Like

Given they currently don’t have any Vertigo comics at all in the comics selevtion wouldn’t hold my breath for Fables… but it would be awesome.