What Were Your Favorite Parts About Birds of Prey?

The fun gun! That first shot that is a red clown-nose shot to the face is perfection. (Also, Bernie the beaver made his cinematic debut YAY!)

4 Likes

Also, its little, but how about that foggy, spooky amusement mile? It was nice to see such a legendary part of the Bat-mythos realized so well.

5 Likes

Huntress on the big screen.
Wardrobe, choreography & soundtrack.
Every fight scene.
The vividness was such a visual feast. Canary & Huntress were great, Cain got no love. Margot Robbie, absolutely killed it as Quinn!!! Montoya, Roller Skates, exploding chemical factories etc. what’s not to love?

3 Likes
  • harley throwing garbage

the fight scenes in this movie are better shot than in most other action movies. coughchristophernolancough

on my second viewing i realized how much the last chase scene is like my favorite scene from raiders of the lost ark, down to harley getting stuck in front of the vehicle. not as perfect as the raiders scene, but neither am i.

and margot robbie made me eat my words about her in suicide squad. her performance there didn’t seem as confident and full, but after this i have to chalk that up to david ayer’s direction. (still love suicide squad, though!) robbie was perfect in bop.

4 Likes

Margot’s nailing Harley Quinn was likely my favorite part of the movie. A lot are trying to say the movie didn’t get Harley QUinn or she was not played well. But those people must not have read a Harley Quinn comic in a long time. That movie was the current Harley Quinn come to life.

I also liked the fight scenes, they were all really well done.

The scene of Harley trying to protect her beloved sandwich. I for the most part didn’t really think the movie got to the point I was truly enjoying myself until the scene of Harley robbing the police station (which was when for me I went from thinking “maybe the critics are right, this has not been great” to really truly enjoying myself). But that scene of her trying to protect the sandwich was great stuff.

7 Likes

oh just thought of another favorite part!

• harley limping around with one high heeled shoe

and hey, the critic rating on rt is 78%! audience 79%, even with the inexplicably hostile and aggressive sonic the hedgemob rivals probably trying to sabotage it

3 Likes

The outfits, the makeup and hair were pretty to look at, even if I don’t like blue and pink hair Harley I liked this version more than suicide squad.

3 Likes

The the third act was :fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Absolutely agree on the comic comment & the summarization.

3 Likes

Oh I almost forgot sharing licorice with her hyena. What a bad***!!!

4 Likes

I loved the movie. I’ve become jaded about super hero movies in the last few years, but Birds of Prey was an adrenaline-charged, thrilling rollercoaster. And the movie had a huge side effect. My excitement for Birds of Prey is why I discovered and subscribed to DC Universe. I went to the theater for a second showing as well, I think Lord of the Rings was the last time I did that.

Favorite parts:
It was not the end of the world / the universe was not being threatened
Harley’s GCPD Glitter Gun Raid
Black Canary - especially when telling off Montoya in her apartment complex
All things egg sandwich
The narration / jumping in time as if we’re really having the story told by Harley
Ewan McGregor ‘mansplaining’ his appropriated tribal artifacts
No romance (other than Harley’s rebounding from her breakup)
The homage it paid to DC / WB cartoons

Journey to DC Universe

It reminded me how much I loved Batman: The Animated Series and I wondered if it was available anywhere to stream. I began searching and the first places took me to reddit feeds and other bogus links that did not know where I could stream Batman The Animated Series. I don’t remember exactly how I ended up on the DC Universe sign-up page but so glad I did.

For the DC Marketing team: Please consider revamping your keywords and other things to make DC Universe the number 1 Google/Bing search result for Batman animated series. Now that I’ve discovered DC Universe I’m blown away, but for non-comic fans it is not easy enough to discover to hear about. Also much of what I first was linked to is focused on the comics (which are great) but fail to mention the fact their are dozens or animated series, movies, and original shows!

The 7 day free trial was brilliant, because I was extremely skeptical that I would enjoy the service and would not have tried it without the free trial. Now I have the annual subscription.

4 Likes

canary cry, fight scenes, harley as an unreliable and jumping around narrator

3 Likes

“Is that a snot bubble?”

3 Likes

I’m glad you found DCU, @NoxPlague!

3 Likes

Psssh. I do this with my chihuahua all the time. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Star wars fan knows that gen z made revenge of the sith a cult classic, well that hit me in the theater, because everytime black mask came on the screen I got so happy. I actually got mad when they killed him, I rooted for him the entire movie

5 Likes

Welcome, @throbbierobbie! I’m sad they killed Sionis, too. He was SO GOOD

3 Likes

There’s a lot so here’s a few.

The animated opening
Any scene with Bruce
The action was great
The fun gun
Black mask and Zsasz were great.
How Black mask changed outfits practically every scene
The sandwich
The end diner scene

3 Likes

I totally agree that Mary Elizabeth Winstead was the MVP! It’s hard for me to pick other specifics favorite things since I felt like it was a perfect superhero movie on all accounts. I laugh every time I even think of the Frida Kahlo joke.

2 Likes

burnbeard

4 Likes