What Was Your Very First DC Toy or Collectible?

@addendum Green Hornet was by Lakeside, so no doubt Batman was as well.

1 Like

DC Super Powers Superman and Lex Luthor.

3 Likes

The first one I remember buying was Super Powers Aquaman. I was around 3. For Christmas my aunt and uncle went on a hunt across like three cities for the Hall of Justice playset!

@LPCustom76 the drug store in my town had a huge, amazing toy department, too! If I had a time machine, that’d be one of the first stops.

1 Like

Just got my first ever statue! my local comic shop had the new Aquaman movie-based Ocean Master and I couldn’t pass him up! My next venture is going to be the Ikemen series or the robins and batman.

1 Like

Nice statue!

Nice Batman Begins poster also. I have that too.

1 Like

I don’t remember my first, but I do remember having a Bizarro action figure that came with a comic (back when toys came with cool stuff like that).

I’m a bit older so I had Mego Batman & Robin along with Superman and dare I say Spidey too. Not thread related on that last one but neither is the Fonzi I had.

I’m old as sand so my first collectibles were the Superman and Aquaman Mego figures, bought on the same day.

1 Like

I no longer have my original, but when I was a kid, I played to death a vinyl LP called “Jan and Dean Meet Batman” that came out in the 60’s. Several years ago, I bought new pressing on vinyl by another record company and actually played it earlier today, extending the Detective Comics #27 80th anniversary celebration by another weekend!

1 Like

A Mego Batman figure I got in the mid 70’s.

1 Like

McDonalds’ Happy Meal Batman Returns toys, I believe.

Still have them about somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Either Mego Batman or Corgi Batmobile. I’m so old I can’t remember🙂

3 Likes

Batman, I don’t remember what but I remember Batman lol

1 Like

I had a few Super Powers figures. I know I had Superman, Batman and Robin. I’m sure I got those for Christmas or my birthday. The item I remember picking out myself were the Applause Batman pvc window hangers. They had Batman, Robin, and the Joker. It was around 1989 and the Batman film was getting ready to come out.

1 Like

My first DC toys were the Superpowers Action figures from the mid-80s. I still have a couple of them. They were my favorite toys as a kid and my parents bought me a lot of them. Sadly, we had a couple dogs and I was a dumb kid that couldn’t keep my toys picked up so most of them were casualties of the ‘Crisis of the Destructive Dogs’ event.

1 Like

First DC figure: Toy Biz Batman.
First collectible: 24" Batman statue from WB Store. I sure do miss that store. We used to schedule 3 hour road trips 3-4 times a year to visit the closest store.

1 Like

@jvfann I think you’re the only person I’ve come across whose first DC figure was also the Toy Biz Batman.

Good first choice!

I was a Micronaut collector for a long time. And Star Trek. Star Wars. Robin Hood PoT. Incredible Crash Dummies. Terminator. Aliens. Predator. Spawn. Marvel Super Heroes. The Tick. Simpsons. Justice League Unlimited. And probably more I don’t recall. I’m better now. Just Batmam.

1 Like

You sound like me. I’ve dabbled in many lines over the past three decades. Been DC only for the last several years now.

1 Like

Was sadly a completist…not just dabbling. So yeah, that was a lot of stuff to sell over the years. I’m happily no longer a completist.

1 Like