What Was Your Overall Experience With Rewards? A Retrospective

These are all great points and suggestions!

4 Likes

The collection aspect! It was fun to get points, and try to game the system. I also liked the effort at the end to redeem tokens as sweepstakes entries.

Wasn’t a big fan of the reward selection. Would have loved to see more variety. Or hey, actual physical comics! It would be fun if there was a “Mystery Prize” option where you didn’t know what you were getting until it arrived.

More variety of prizes. There was a near idea at the beginning of integrating this into a real world experience which was obviously shut down because of the COVID outbreak, but hopefully we can see something like that in the future.

Also, if there’s something we can redeem multiple times, like the sweepstakes entries, would love the option to redeem them all at once instead of processing it over and over.

And finally, please pass on that whatever takes place in the future, we hope it’s with Applejack at the helm. About 70% of what makes community engagement happen on DCU is her leadership. Without Applejack, none of this works at all.

10 Likes

I want to say I absolutely love everything I got from the rewards; and the delivery time was not awful. I would also like to say thank you to all the moderators and a special thank you to @thewonderDiana because your name was blowing up on the rewards and You were always respectful and professional. I believe no doubt we stressed you out so THANK YOU for everything!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

What I liked - physical rewards for just interacting with the app.

What I didn’t like - inconsistent releases schedule, maybe a calendar with release dates of items on it. I don’t need to know what the item is but at least tell me when it’s happening.

What platforms did I use- iOS

What do you hope to see - a greater variety of physical rewards, its doesn’t have to be high end stuff I would love a DC cinch bag or lanyard. Trades of comics just released. If there’s a way of getting funko pops that are “exclusive” to certain conventions or stores. Maybe even some of the worlds finest subscription boxes or one exclusive to DC Universe members. I enjoyed the weekly cap vs daily. Daily became too stressful trying to remember to log in if I was busy and earn my points ( this is just my opinion and not really that big of a deal to me). It doesn’t really interest me but maybe others, we could have a cameo related program use so many points to get a shout out video or quick message from your favorite writer or artist.

5 Likes

I’d also like to send a thank you shout out to the mods. @Applejack and @thewonderDiana I know it got hectic at times. I appreciate that sometimes the reply that was the truth, wasn’t always what we wanted to hear. I realize
that any issues we might of had was not your fault. Despite all of that you guys did the best you could to keep it moving. That’s pretty admirable when you might not of been sure what the future held for the service. All of that being said, I thank you for everything.

3 Likes

I think it would have been nice to see how much of something was left in stock as opposed to it suddenly disappearing with no explanation. But that’s really my only complaint with this whole thing.

5 Likes

Overall I really enjoyed the program. I loved that we got rewarded for doing what we love. If there was some way to bring it back I would be all for it. Only things I disliked were the fact that the better end prizes disappeared so quickly, and so often we would have weeks go by without anything new popping up. Otherwise I enjoyed everything about it. Also I mainly used my kindle fire and laptop. And as from the future maybe some variation of this where we continue to earn points for store discounts or graphic novels or something like that.

2 Likes

I liked that I could read comics and earn free things. I’m always down for that. This program also had me reading and watching stuff that I normally wouldn’t have. It was nice to see characters and stories I wouldn’t have picked up on my own. This program got me reading more and it got me posting in the community more.

Also, the fun of finding the different bonuses. Looking for Top Hats or reading three of a series in a row. It was a fun add in to an already fun idea.

The actual rewards were a little underwhelming at times. I would have loved see actual comics or something like that. But I know Covid probably messed with everything that was planned so I don’t want to say too much of that.

Chrome mostly. Occasionally the Android app, but I couldn’t really get the rewards to load on the app. It always gave me an error.

I hope to see more rewards. A similar program. I enjoyed hunting through comics trying to find Top Hats and stuff. I enjoyed trying to see how many points I could get with bonuses before I capped for the day.

I hope that the Mods all know how much they are appreciated for doing all of this. And I hope a future program also makes it easier for them. Thank you all for everything that you do!! You are appreciated!

7 Likes

Really enjoyed it. It also helped engage my kids. Having a heads up on what rewards are coming or going—at least for a subcategory of reward would be great. Looking forward to the next round!

4 Likes
  1. Everything

2. People complaining about it

3. I use a phone

4. I hope all of the Batman, Superman and other DC movies to watch, and every DC com into ever exist.

3 Likes
  • I enjoyed getting something back for reading comics, of course. I was gonna do that anyway.
  • The time to receive physical rewards is pretty bad. I’m still waiting on three items that I redeemed many, many weeks ago. And as others have stated, communication is nonexistent.
  • I use an iPad Air 2.
4 Likes

When will the announcement of the book & movie winners be? Just curious I also hope My name is picked.

4 Likes

“What did you like?”

I enjoyed everything about it.

“What DIDN’T you like?”

It was frustrating when I suddenly couldn’t earn tokens for a certain amount of time which varied in a way that I didn’t know.

“What platforms did you use?”

The (android) app and chrome

“What do you hope to see from the future?”

Its return. and cool rewards

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping up with the rewards program ever since it came out and it’s really been a wild ride ever since. I’m going to try my best to provide some genuine feedback because I honestly think it was awesome!

When it first started I was SO excited about it and seeing the rewards they had up like the Harley and the batgirl statue, I was even reading comics I never thought that I would and enjoying it because I started out wanting points and then really truly found some stories I loved!

My first very minor complaint was that when you guys changed token earning from 300(?) a week to 45 a day I found it harder to keep up with and to be more of a chore. Usually I liked to sit down at night once or twice a week and read 15+ comics in one sitting rather than reading 3-4 every day. But that just happens to be my lifestyle so it didn’t really effect my satisfaction with the program THAT much.

My main complaint is a lack of transparency about the program. There came a point when all of the statues had sold out in minutes so I assumed they wouldn’t be coming back and I ended up settling on a doom patrol poster, but imagine the disappointment when towards the end of the program the Wonder Woman statue that I was really really excited about came back! But I was about 500 tokens short :frowning:

I think next time around it would be a good idea to try to prevent things like that from happening, because when it sold out in minutes the first time I just assumed it wouldn’t be coming back and we wouldn’t be getting more physical rewards.

But this shouldn’t be all complaints! I really do like the doom patrol season 2 poster I got! I was amazed at the size and quality of the poster as well as the tube it shipped in. It’s genuinely a quality product and I’m glad it wasn’t just a cheap piece of paper because it feels worth the points I used on it. As well as I think that the general selection of rewards throughout the program were pretty good. I think older statues that aren’t selling well as well as a few original items like posters and the pin sets were really great! (I’m super fond of enamel pins but sadly none of them were super focused on things that I was into so I didn’t claim them) I hope to see more of that as well as digital rewards that DON’T sell out (such as the $10 coupon or the movie rentals)

I know this is probably coming off as long and ramble-y so I’ll wrap this up. I enjoy the program and I hope you guys bring it back someday or perhaps with the launch of the name change!!

4 Likes
Summary
  • It was a lot of fun collecting tokens and finding bonuses along the way to maximize the amount of tokens I could earn.
  • I liked that I was able to get very nice rewards for enjoying all aspects that rewarded tokens (read comics, watch shows/movies, read news articles, read encyclopedia entries, and post in the community).
  • I liked that some comics I had on my reading list I moved up to reading sooner than what I was reading at the time because there was a top hat bonus associated with them.
  • It was fun also reading other comics not on my reading list, and after reading them I would finish reading the story line even if there was not a top hat bonus associated with them.
  • I liked that also the top hat bonuses became a hint as to what type of reward was going to be offered.
  • I liked that the sweepstakes were added at the end to use up any remaining tokens that I had left.
Summary
  • What I didn’t like was the time that I was able to earn rewards was set on the time when I signed up for the program. It was a little awkward at times making sure that I would be able to earn tokens based on that time.
  • My suggestion would be, as an example, if I signed up for the rewards program say today (September 27, 2020) then I would be able to start earning tokens the next day (September 28, 2020) say starting at 12:00 AM and have the time being able to earn tokens last until 11:59 PM on September 28th and refresh/repeat the process again at 12:00 AM September 29th to 11:59 PM.
  • As mentioned, I didn’t like that sizes for the shirts available for rewards were not shown before redeeming as that would have prevented missing tokens for a time when I could have used them for other rewards.
  • Tracking the amount of comics read for bonuses was a little tricky as well if you were not carefully paying attention. Perhaps, in this instance, also having a number next to the comic issue read and earned tokens for would help in better tracking as I mainly tracked how many I read when I earned a bonus for reading a certain amount and making sure which comic earned the bonus for reading so many comics.
    Here is an example.

Mainly my desktop for checking the rewards page and redeeming for rewards by Chrome, and then occasionally my iPhone (iOS) for reading comics and the occasional video as well.

Summary
  • What I hope to see from the future is the rewards program to make another return! A little awkward not seeing it these past couple of days. :scream: :smile:
  • Since there may be some time before the hopeful return dubbed Rewards 2.0 appears, maybe having a longer list if possible with teasers for what rewards will be offered could be made available.
  • That is, say if a T-shirt is going to be a reward, maybe have a blank shirt for the time being until the real reward could be awarded. Similar tactics could be used for possible statues and all the other nice rewards made available. As the time also gets closer for them to drop, in addition to the top hat bonuses being a clue, another teaser maybe of what character(s) the reward is associated with could be made available as a heads up for what’s arriving next.
  • Possibly also having a set number of tokens to reserve a reward item could also be beneficial for the rewards that carry a larger amount of tokens earned to redeem it. Then, it could later be fully redeemed as a reward once enough tokens are accumulated

Other Final Thoughts:

Thank you very much for this program, hope that my feedback helps the super team behind the scenes for putting this version together, and very much looking forward to it hopefully returning in the future! :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

[quote=“DCUniverse, post:1, topic:1380343”]

• What did you like?
    I loved the competition spirit and goals, and also the coolness of getting to see new things, such as new prizes. It rewards us for liking what we like.

• What DIDN’T you like?
    I didn’t like the inconsistency of DC. They would do one thing then the next day change their mind. It was made a big deal, but then quickly shut down. The prizes were not always good. Also, the small limit each day was a bummer. Made you feel like you couldn’t really do that much.

• What platforms did you use?
    I used ipad and mac mostly, sometimes ipone.

What do you hope to see from the future?
It would definitely be nice for DC to commit. If they do it again, make sure it feels for us and not just a gimmick. Nice prizes that are guaranteed (won’t run out) would be great.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, if they could fix the multiple redeeming aspect for sweepstake, so you don’t have to get a code for every 50 points scenario that would be AMAZING

3 Likes

I never got to cash in! And when there finally was something I wanted to get I kept getting the riddler’s mug popping up to tell me it was under maintenance! I had around 5000 pts and was wanting one of those Batman TAS shirts but I reckon it just wasn’t meant to be. I felt like it wasn’t really necessary anyways, ya know? Like the Mad Hatter wearing a hat on a hat! Hahahha! I was gonna read through everything anyways and there was never a need for any extra incentive! I almost got one of those pin sets once but I kept thinking something else would come along and I’d be wishing I hadn’t spent my points on the pins! If the program comes back will our points be back too or will it be a “back to square one” type situation? Just keep the comics coming and that’ll be reward enough for me…I’m sure most of the community feels the same way! If it hadnt been implemented we’d never have known we were missing out on anything! Thanks for always making my Tuesdays better than Fridays! Rock n Roll!!

3 Likes

DC Universe will you make a dream come
True and hook me up with a Batman (blue) Todd Macfarland actions figure. I wouldn’t mind the entire run lol.

2 Likes