What was the first DC comic that you bought or read??

Can you recall your very first DC comic??? I remember my parents buying me Superman #8 in 1987 while we were getting gas one night. Little did they know that it would be the spark that started the blaze of a lifetime of collecting comics! They would later buy me the continuation of the story in Action Comics 591. I still have both comics and they are two of my favorite possessions!

How about you? What was your first DC comic and why did it mean so much to you??

61zXaMMdxuL.SX324_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

1 Like

Batman #400 (1986).
Forward by Stephen King, cover art by Bill Sienkiewicz… I was hooked forever

1 Like

A titans/outsider crossover

Invasion! #3

Justice League of America #192.
Pre-Crisis, Bronze Age, Satellite-Era goodness.
Plus George Perez art!

I believe mine was Batman: Haunted Knight

The Untold Legend of The Batman #'s 1-3 from the Batman cereal. As best I remember at least.

2 Likes

Some new Batman comics in 1992 when Batman Returns came out.

My dad gave me an oversized reprint anthology of Captain Marvel stories when I was just a toddler, and going through it again and again helped me learn how to read. “Collector’s Edition #C-21,” if you’re looking for it. The book itself is far older than I am.

2 Likes

Detective Comics 427 (1972). I only missed Batman’s debut by 400 issues😀. That, and boy am I old😀.

1 Like

Death of Superman.

A collection of Batman stories from the '50s full of the original Batwoman and Bat-Girl, Bat-Mite, and a bunch of other weird Silver Age stuff that DC would rather you forget about. It was great. I also got one from the '40s later, and one from '60s a while after that.

1 Like

Green Arrow Vol 2 - Issue 0 in 1994…And been in love with Green Arrow ever since. It’s what started me out in Comics as remember going to the comic book store with my dad. He told me I could have one book out of the stack as a gift for standing up to a bully who was picking on my little brother. That was the issue I picked up and spend my allowance from then on getting Green Arrow books. …I miss my old man.