What TV Series Would You Create?

I’ve been dying for a DC Anthology show for years now! Legends was actually supposed to be one to some extent before the cast proved to be so well-liked. I think HBO Max’s Strange Adventures is supposed to be that, but they’ve been really vague about it?? Either way, I think a proper anthology show is more plausible than ever now with HBO Max and the popularity of big-budget genre shows in that format like Black Mirror and American Horror Story.

Personally, I’d love to see them do it in the Arrowverse as sort of a live-action JLU, where a couple of tertiary heroes from the shows do “League duty”, going on some kind of mission somewhere in the world with a guest hero or some fun guest villains. Like, this week Mr. Terrific and Wild Dog team up with B’wana Beast to stop some especially sinister big game hunters in the savannah, next week Frost and Martian Manhunter have to investigate a whole town that’s under mind-control by Psimon, etc… A rotating cast of Arrowverse fan-favorites, no real worries about overarcing plots, just a fun excuse to fill up the toy box and gauge interest in new characters. (Plus we get to make use of that Hall of Justice!)

4 Likes

So, I’d do a Family Guy/Simpsons/South Park style show called “The Kents.” Each episode would start out in their wacky little midwestern town of Smallville. The basic premise is that they’re a sweet old farming couple with a super powered adopted son, but they get in very different sorts of situations each week as a result of their son’s superpowers—like maybe they exploit his powers to make him a child actor in one, or advise him to go topple a dictatorship in another—or accidentally make a clone of him. Maybe in another, he’s bitten by a radioactive spider monkey when the Circus comes to town and he gets a job. Somehow, things always reset back to normal by the next episode. Krypto the super dog would definitely be a regular character, and a lot of the show would explore Clark, Martha, and Pa’s fellow townsfolk, like the yuppie homesteaders who own a competing farm or the strange cult who has taken over the local movie theater and now uses it to worship something they call “Brainiac” and uses the marquee to write weird, coded messages that only they can understand. Maybe Clark has the hots for the overbearing, somewhat plain editor of the school newspaper who hates his guts and sees him as her rival (he has a type).
The same thing, I suppose, could also be done when Clark marries Lois and moves with his kid back to Smallville, but I think a show with a Clark who isn’t necessarily destined to become Superman and just screws around a lot could be fun.

3 Likes

Yea, I think Zatanna would be the perfect add in for a season on Legends of Tomorrow at least. Perhaps even better chemistry for Constatine.

3 Likes

A Booster Gold series called “Green Lantern.” It will be very meta.

4 Likes

I would just make a Live-Action Batman tv series called “Gotham’s Protector” starring Jensen Ackles as the dark knight himself. It would be a noir based show with many adventures with other famous villains such as Joker and Two-Face. It would also be about 6-8 seasons and it would be on HBO and/or maybe Netflix.

Here’s a few ideas of some episodes based on some comics.

Jokers Five Way Revenge: Based on the comic with the same name by Dennis O’Neil and Neil Adams, this is where the Joker escapes from Arkham Asylum and starts killing all of the people who got him in there. A great first episode to the most famous villain ever.

A Cup of Tea: Based on the three-parter by Greg Rucka and penciled by Sean Martin, published, where the Mad Hatter mind controls the police with coffee to commit numerous crimes and cause chaos. Also great idea for a first episode like the previous idea.

Fever: The very first appearance of the Ventriloquist & Scarface, and perfect for an introduction for them in a tv show. It has a drug called “fever” be spread across Gotham, that makes people very violent. Maybe we could expand on it with maybe Ratcatcher and Killer Croc when they smuggle drugs through the sewers.

I’ll come up with more ideas.

1 Like

How about an entire season could be adapting the No Man’s Land storyline, the Cataclysm storyline, and the Contagion storyline all into one? I’m not sure if it should be just solo stories not connected, or a big timeline in order, but I’ll think of it.

1 Like

I would love to use some lesser known villains in the first one or two seasons such as Ratcatcher, the Ventriloquist & Scarface, Man-Bat, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Dr. Death, Hugo Strange, the Mad Monk, and more. What lesser o own villains do you want to see?

1 Like

We’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of this joke

3 Likes

Based on a DC character…

If I were an Executive Producer, I would develop an adaption of the 2003 DC Vertigo miniseries BEWARE THE CREEPER for HBO Max.

In the aftermath of World War I, surrealist painter Judith Benoir desperately wants to make a splash in Paris. And as The Creeper, she escalates simple burglaries into spectacular art crimes, establishing her as a cultural icon. But what are the true motivations behind The Creeper’s actions? And how long before her antics spiral out of control and the law closes in?

Created as a part of Vertigo’s tenth-anniversary celebration, Beware the Creeper is a radical reimagination of Steve Diko’s superhero. Instead of being of a male trickster superhero in the modern DC Universe, The Creeper is reimagined as a mysterious female performance artist whose work verge on being acts of terrorism in 1920s Paris.

The plot follows police inspector Ric Allain as he seeks the missing Judith Benoir, who is rumored to the Creeper. His quest for Judith brings Ric deep into the Paris art scene in the 1920s. His journey will raise questions over the nature and purpose of art itself.

-CBR

And like the comic, have famous figures from the 1920s Paris art scene appear; Man Ray, Ernest Hemingway…

It would be great. And I’d win an Emmy. (Ha!)

A bunch of Emmys. (Ha!.. again)

Oh, and of course I guess it would be nice to have BEWARE THE CREEPER added to DC Universe Infinite at some point.

4 Likes

Slice of life show where instead of focusing on the hero actions it focuses on what the Hero does when they are not being the hero (with a little bit of hero time). what does bruce Wayne do when he can’t sleep and has no casework, Lois lane taking a cooking class, Hal Jordan taking Carol Ferris on a date. Batman and Catwoman on a date. spoiler and Red robin at school.

1 Like

I would have to do Shadowpact, also.
So much potential.
Lots of characters to use.

It would really be a mix of Sentinels of Magic, Shadowpact and Justice League Dark, but without Wonder Woman (to increase the chances of it actually getting made) and with the Shadowpact name (because it is a better name than Justice League Dark).

I would also tie Demon Knights into it.

The core of the team would be Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Constantine, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Etrigan, Swamp Thing and Silver Sorceress (yeah, I’d bring her back).
Stories would range from supernatural horror to psychedelic cosmic drama.

I would like to see a Zatanna show that takes inspiration from the Seven Soldiers mini and gives Zee a protégé.

Having someone to teach, whether it’s Misty Kilgore or Tim Hunter, would give the writers a way to give the viewers an outside pair of eyes to introduce Zatanna’s world through.

1 Like

Definitely the Question. Also, I would love to see a live action Batman that really played up the detective aspect. The first couple seasons would be just Batman, then in season three introduce Robin. The opening song could be “Behind Blue Eyes” by The Who. Wouldn’t that be cool?

2 Likes

I second this!

1 Like

Sandman Mystery Theatre.

It would begin small, contained to Manhattan and human monsters/killers but continue to build as the golden age of superheroes and villains slowly begin to show up, culminating with the formation of the Justice Society and the dawn of World War II.

The Collapser

1 Like

I’m going to go ahead and read the whole thread later, but I had to get an idea I’ve had for a while off my chest lol: something I thought would be cool for arrowverse regardless of whether It was me doing it or not, a version of the Teen Titans/Titans would be great. Do it like Legends of Tommorow and bring in side characters from each of the existing shows, add in a few more characters, and boom, there you go.

2 Likes

Heroes International.
The Justice League are the big seven. They’re the most recognizable heroes on the planet. But they can’t be everywhere. And while they’re off saving the world from Mega-threats like Darkseid or Brainiac or Mongul…
There’s another group that saves us from the threats no one else see. They are Heroes International.
(Of course this is just a stealth Justice League International series. But without the pressure of the Justice League name)
The Main Team are our old friends.
Fire: Brazilian Bombshell Bea DaCosta Is flirty and fashionable. She’s also a master spy and expert martial artist. Her green Flame Powers envelop her turning her skin into a Greenish energy. Her clothes look like they’re on fire but the don’t burn off (This is network television after all!)
Ice: Quiet and shy Tora Olafsdotter is a nordic newcomer. She’s very smart and speaks English perfectly but she’s so quiet you almost forget she’s there. She has Incredible Powers to Generate Ice and Frost. Bea’s her best friend and often treats her like a kid sister even though they’re the same age.
Booster Gold! the most public of the team. He’s brash and egotistical But he can back it up with his power suit and flight ring. He’s really a true hero but he spends so much time telling people about it that he never really gets the respect he actually deserves!
Blue Beetles Jamie Reyes and Ted Kord Ted Kord is a tech genius and an ace pilot (His bug ship is the team’s main transport) Jamie Reyes is a high School Graduate with a scarab stuck to his spine. The scarab forms a suit that makes him a physical power house but it has a mind of it’s own and makes him look like he’s talking to himself.
Guy Gardner: A green Lantern. Bitter and angry about not being accepted into the Justice League, He’s rude and standoffish. His only soft spot is for Ice. Which ticks off Fire because she can’t stand the thought of her sweet innocent friend being associated in any way with a miserable thug like Gardner. Guy can fight and is as tough as they come but an unfortunate altercation with Batman during his attempt at joining the league has left him with being described as having a glass jaw.
Martian Manhunter: He’s the heart of the team. The League thinks he’s keeping these rookies out of their way but in fact he views this team as having the potential of being greater than the Justice league. As j’onn has contacts around the world through having many secret identities in every country, He brings the Real international flavor. Not only by leading the team in mission all over the globe, but also He has heroic friends in all of these countries who join the team for missions in their respective countries.
Hughe Dawkins: The Tasmanian Devil This Austrailian Man-Beast is friendly and funny. however His bestial nature makes him a savage fighter when innocents are in danger.
Kimiyo Hoshi: Doctor Light An astrophysicist with Light Powers. Doctor Hoshi prefers to be devoting her time to science. She’s dismissive of all Super Heroes in general and doubly dismissive of This team. She only helps them because J’onn saved her children at great risk to himself
Vivian/Constance D’Aramis: The Crimson Fox These French twins share the role of their costumed alter ego but never at the same time. They also keep the fact that they are twins secret from the team so that everyone thinks its just one woman with a severe personality shift.
Dimitri Pushkin: Rocket Red He was originally a member of a Russian armored special forces unit. His armor was destroyed however and he received a replacement suit. Since the new suit no longer had the secret subliminal control components the regular suits did, His superiors chose to let him operate as a good will representative to keep him from finding out about the true nature of the program and it’s intended purpose. Dimitri is a happy family man with a love for American Pop culture and a habit of mangling popular American idioms (some think he does this on purpose to amuse his friends)
This series is an action Dramady There’s usually one big battle per episode. The threats are (more often than not) potentially globally destructive
they’re also…largely unnoticed by everyone in the area and even the world at large.
The characters are not buffoons or losers (although you’d have a time convincing Guy or the press of that!)
Max Lord will come into the series…being very much the questionable business man he started out as. (His later villainous turn may happen but not the way it did in the comics.

2 Likes

My idea would have to be animated because of the level of violence and live action would be prohibitively expensive. Of course I’m speaking of The Authority, Midnighter, Apollo, The Engineer, Swift, Jack Hawksmoor, The Doctor, and Jenny Quantum. Standalone would probably be best, but the chaos agent in me would love a crossover with the Justice League and their high minded ideals.

2 Likes

This was exactly what I was about to say. I just discovered Midnighter through older comics and I became a fan immediately.

3 Likes