What TV Series Would You Create?

Based on a DC character…

If I were an Executive Producer, I would develop an adaption of the 2003 DC Vertigo miniseries BEWARE THE CREEPER for HBO Max.

In the aftermath of World War I, surrealist painter Judith Benoir desperately wants to make a splash in Paris. And as The Creeper, she escalates simple burglaries into spectacular art crimes, establishing her as a cultural icon. But what are the true motivations behind The Creeper’s actions? And how long before her antics spiral out of control and the law closes in?

Created as a part of Vertigo’s tenth-anniversary celebration, Beware the Creeper is a radical reimagination of Steve Diko’s superhero. Instead of being of a male trickster superhero in the modern DC Universe, The Creeper is reimagined as a mysterious female performance artist whose work verge on being acts of terrorism in 1920s Paris.

The plot follows police inspector Ric Allain as he seeks the missing Judith Benoir, who is rumored to the Creeper. His quest for Judith brings Ric deep into the Paris art scene in the 1920s. His journey will raise questions over the nature and purpose of art itself.

-CBR

And like the comic, have famous figures from the 1920s Paris art scene appear; Man Ray, Ernest Hemingway…

It would be great. And I’d win an Emmy. (Ha!)

A bunch of Emmys. (Ha!.. again)

Oh, and of course I guess it would be nice to have BEWARE THE CREEPER added to DC Universe Infinite at some point.

4 Likes