What should Jonathan Hickman write for DC

What comic for dc would you see Jonathan Hickman’ write

3 Likes

Not my favorite writer; it’s really challenging for me to follow most of his stuff, and I really don’t want to have to concentrate that hard to follow a comic book.

That being said, it would have to be something simply epic. So, I’ll go with either New Gods or Green Lantern Corp.

1 Like

I want Hickman to create either a space series, or create a series called DC Universe which is the big picture parts of the universe. Once a week with a different artist every week, Hickman gets to decide the overall path of DC. Each issue is a self contained story about different characters with it all leading to something. Let the pieces he sets up slowly start to come together. At the end of every year, there is a month long event series.

3 Likes

I believe Hickman’s said before that he has a good Teen Titans run in him, but he may not get around to it for a long long long time.

3 Likes

A. Anything
B. Superman
C. WildC.A.T.S
D. A revamp of The Authority
E. Anything Fourth World related

2 Likes

But very much not accessible to a new reader, or one who hadn’t checked out X-Men in a long time (like this guy).

I didn’t start with the minis, though, started with the new on-going.

It’s the most accessible X-Men book I’ve ever read! I have never gotten into X-Men, but now I’m sold!

1 Like

Did you start with the minis also?

House of X and Powers of X Yeah!!

I think it helps that the focus is on the trio Xavier, Magneto, and Moira as well as the future/past. The main story is about Krakoa really.

1 Like

Right, and that’s why I’m a bit lost. All the set up was in those series seems like, not in the ongoing.

They are in parts. House of X #5 has two big reveals which are playing a huge part in Excalibur and X-Force respectively.

Krakoa is HUGE in them both. The Emma Frost Set up is big in Marauders.

HoX/PoX is really to say these are the new tools of X-Men. The Dawn of X titles are really just using those tools to tell BOLD NEW ideas. Remember, Moira is a LONG GAME piece, while the Resurrection stuff is being explored and challenged in X-Force. I think whether you love it or not, the X-Men franchise quality has SKYROCKETED from it’s 20 mediocre titles and 2 good ones.

2 Likes

Fire Bendis and replace him with Hickman. That being said, I don’t think any one creator should be given the keys to the kingdom. It would be a welcomed gift to the readers if this industry actually practiced what it preached about diversity. I grow weary of comics that read like a cable news “opinion piece”. Sure I want high concept, and we should never lose Stan’s “world outside your window” perspective, but can we tone down the darkness and violence and have some fun once in a while? Sorry for the mini-rant, but this industry needs more creators like Hickman who can think for themselves and cast off the “company line”.

2 Likes

Justice League. I think he could come up with an arc that splits the JL up in a crazy way, and reform it. No one reinvents the wheel story-telling like Hickman.

1 Like

Swamp Thing

1 Like

Anything he wants, I’m a huge fan of Hickman. I’d love to see him on Justice League, or Justice Society.

2 Likes

Superman and family and/or anything he wants :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve read alot of books by Hickman, but this remains my absolute favorite of his:

By Image, and a fantastic read!

1 Like

The Nightly News is great, but I think East of West is my favorite Hickman book.

3 Likes