What Should Be the Next Animated DC Film?

With Batman: The Long Halloween Part 2 coming soon as the latest film in the animated Batman movies, and continuing the Part 1, what should be next for the animated DC films?

3 Likes

Kingdom Come.

7 Likes

Great choice!

2 Likes

If it’s a Batman movie, then I want something epic and crazy, like The Cult, Son of the Demon, or RIP. If they’re feeling particularly adventurous, then maybe even Batman Odyssey. Don’t give me something that’s easily done in live action.

If it’s a Superman movie, then I could see them going in one of two directions. One approach would be an anthology film featuring three or four of the Man of Tomorrow’s craziest adventures from the Silver Age. I’m talking Batman baking Superman a giant birthday cake after pulling an elaborate prank in the Fortress of Solitude, Circe turning Superman into an anthropomorphic lion, and Superman becoming envious (to the point of attempted murder) of the tiny version of himself that shoots out of his hand.

The other approach would be to choose an all-time classic Superman story and give it a feature-length adaptation. I’m thinking something like “Under the Red Sun,” “Kryptonite Nevermore,” or (if we want to go with something a little more recent) “Exile.”

Wonder Woman needs an animated film with Wonder Tot, clearly. But an adaptation of her Mod Era and subsequent “twelve labors” would be a good two-parter.

5 Likes

Here’s the the part Batman baking Superman a cake coming from?

3 Likes

Miracle Monday. It’s never even been adapted into a comic, and I’d love to see it as a movie. That, or Superman Smashes the Klan.

7 Likes

I would love to see adaptations of Zero Year, Robin: Year One, and Knightfall done.

4 Likes

Action Comics #241.

3 Likes

I want a Booster Gold Showcase Short packaged with an adaption of Salvation Run

6 Likes

Another one I would love to see is Death of the Family with an R rating. Also Court of Owls, Faces of Death, and Emporer Penguin with the same R rating would be cool as well.

2 Likes

If the Injustice movie does well, I’d be very much interested in a follow-up based on Year Two, which remains my absolute favorite stretch of the entire Injustice comic run. Though I’m skeptical about the voice cast, if they can pull this off convincingly in the fall, I’d be all for a sequel

3 Likes

Superman: Secret Identity. Okay, it might not be action packed but it’s one an amazingly beautiful story of what it means to be Superman.

7 Likes

Let Justice be Done

The Return of Hawkman

3 Likes

They have gone on record saying no. Ross’s art is too hard to make work in 12 (doubled) frames per second.

3 Likes

Well it looks like they’re setting up a new universe here so I’m gonna have to say a Green Lantern or Aquaman movie cuz so far we have Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and Batman. Now we need Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Hawkwoman but the Wonder Woman of this universe can be introduced in JL and Hawkwoman could be introduced in GL since she comes from the planet of Thanagar. Then they can introduce the OG sidekicks in the next ones.

3 Likes

The Krieg verse currently has a policy of introducing at least 2 heroes in their early films so maybe a crossover movie.

With all the attention they gave Wonder Woman in JS:WWII I think they plan on still using Stana Katic, and they can easily add in Hourman, Black Canary, and Hawkman with the same actors.

6 Likes

I mean JSA was a different earth but yeah! They can use the same voice actors. This earth so far doesn’t have a WW.

3 Likes

a charcter that hasn’t had 30 something animated movies and shows( glances at batman and superman) don’t get me wrong I love them but lets do someone else hopefully another wonder woman film, a justice league movie where justice league are main charcters, also people likemartian manhunter would be cool in animation with thier powers

5 Likes

The Wonder Woman movies have been lacking. I am all for another Green Lantern film.

I think the best pick is J’onn. He keeps getting good small scenes, so tiem for a feature.

4 Likes

I would I’ve to see Dark Victory after The Long Halloween is done. I would also love to see a 20’s/30’s/40’s period film for Batman.

2 Likes