What’s Your Opinion on Geoff John’s(+Other) Green Lantern Run?

Perhaps, I havent read those yet but I had thoughts of all us reading a new series at the time same time for the first time.

2 Likes

You could all start with the New 52 Justice League. Being that this year is its 10th anniversary, the timing is perfect!

Especially if you and/or your friends want more Justice League action and adventure after seeing the Snyder Cut.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but there so much to read and there’s also a lot I haven’t read yet.

2 Likes

I know I’m in the minority, but I’m not a fan. Geoff Johns was coming off an incredible run (Flash, JSA, Hawkman) but I just couldn’t get into his GL. It didn’t help that I’ve never liked Hal Jordan, or the idea of resurrecting Silver Age heroes in general (Oliver Queen had already come back and that was cool, but Green Lantern: Rebirth seemed to open the flood gates and suddenly we had Barry Allen and Kara Zor-El and Jason Todd as well).

I think some cool stuff came out of it (the other Corps, some of the new Lantern characters), but when it comes to Green Lantern my preference is the Earth-based post-GLC stories of the Kyle Rayner era.

2 Likes

1v1 right now sir.

Anyways, so you prefer Geoff John’s other runs?

What do you recommend?

1 Like

Geoff’s Flash run is one of my favourites of all time, and JSA and Hawkman were both must reads while he was on them. I’m not as high on his Teen Titans or Shazam, or the various high profile minis he’s done over the years (Infinite Crisis, Doomsday Clock, etc).

For Kyle Rayner stories, I’d recommend Green Lantern (1990) #71-75 (The Hero’s Quest and a couple issues after), #100-106 (a team up story with Hal Jordan), or #129-136 (Judd Winick’s first arc on the series). They’re all good examples of that kind of story.

I’d suggest his team-ups with Connor Hawke, but most of the Green Arrow issues aren’t on here.

2 Likes

To sum up my thoughts: I absolutely, positively love it.

2 Likes

I thought I might as well add, so far my friends enjoyed Harleen, and are enjoying Batman White Knight. So I think they’ll like GJ Green lantern

2 Likes

Your friends shall be praised on Oa. :00_lc_green_lantern1:

Beats the streets of Gotham. Oa’s much cleaner afterall, and smells like Pine-Sol.

1 Like