What’s Your Favorite Robin Adaptation?

So I haven’t done a Batman villain adaptation thread for awhile, and I said I wasn’t gonna do anymore due to a lack of divisive villains to choose from. So I’m gonna do an experiment, and ask about a hero instead! Personally, my favorite Robin has to be Scott Menville’s take from Teen Titans. But I give a VERY close second place to Loren Lester from BTAS. (By the way, any Robin is fair play.)

1 Like

Are we talking specifically Dick as Robin or…?
Either way Loren Lester from BTAS is top 2 and ain’t number 2. That’s all I’m gonna say. However, Jesse McCartney’s work as Robin in Young Justice has become so close to my heart. The little snicker and just his whole spirit that comes from his voice work is amazing.
Now if only we could get a live action Dick Grayson/Robin just as great cuz Titans… ain’t cutting it.

2 Likes

I meant any Robin, but overall those are great choices. I also forgot that Jesse McCartney existed. Which is a shame because he’s fantastic, and I don’t even like YJ that much.

1 Like

Okay off topic but what is up with today and people saying they don’t like YJ? Like everyone begged for it to come back and then it did and let’s be real, season 3 is a huge step up from the bloated cast and story of season 2. Now, all of a sudden they don’t like it anymore. I really don’t understand the logic. Especially when the show is the best period to showcase legacy characters. It shouldn’t bug me but it kinda does cuz IDK where it’s coming from.

2 Likes

I was never a big fan of it like other people were. But definitely see why people like it. It’s just not for me. It has a really bland tone in my opinion and some of the characters just don’t really jive with me. It’s far from a bad show though, I’d just watch a lot of other shows before it.

1 Like

That’s understandable. Cuz even I’ll admit at first a few of the characters had to grow me after I saw their development. And I liked how it wasn’t strictly childish and goofy or “mature” as I’ve seen people use to encompass the dark, gritty, edgy, depressing, “let’s use ■■■■ as our whole dialogue” tone of today’s DC. It just was. Whatever it needed to be it did that. That to me is far more mature and entertaining than the likes of TTG or the DCEU/Titans. But I get that some people just need a little… more ig? And I didn’t mean to put it on you. I was just bombarded on twitter this morning of people trashing the show and it took me off guard cuz I thought the general consensus was people liked it and I guess now that’s not the case IDK? It is what it is ig.

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great show. It’s only my personal taste that keeps me from loving it. What it really comes down to is tone. I don’t mean whether it’s goofy or serious. I just mean the style. When I think Teen Titans, I think of old school anime, when I think of BTAS, I think of gothic 40’s noir movies. When I think of YJ, I think of…nothing in particular. It’s a very nit-picky thing, but it it goes a long way.

2 Likes

Yeah I see what you’re saying. I think the same thing actually. Part of me is like Ig that’s just it being modern but then I think of actual modern cartoons and remember they use stupidity as comedy and I just don’t find it funny. I guess maybe a better word for it is more real? Like the show isn’t very fantastical. It feels very grounded to me at least in that sense. Does that make sense?

3 Likes

Yeah, I suppose I can see that.

2 Likes