what’s your favorite Batman story

POSTING GUIDELINES
I just want to know what Batman story is everyone’s favorite, mine is the court of owls.

1 Like

I know this is a lame answer, but Year One is still my favourite Batman story. The writing is great, the artwork is perfect for the tone, it doesn’t drag on for too many issues and it has a great ending.

1 Like

@mrmiracle
Yeah, same here. Same reasons. Also, have I mentioned before that your DCU icon is great?

I really love Darwyn Cooke’s Batman: Ego. My favorite comic book meditation on the character.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion
That’s definitely a hidden gem that needs more love. Darwyn Cooke was a master in his field.

1 Like

Hm. Yesterday I might have said The Long Halloween, but I just read Kingdom Come for the first time last night. While I have some criticisms of the story, I have to say it’s some of the best characterization of Batman that I’ve seen. I guess it depends on whether we’re talking about which story is best within the realm of what we typically call “Batman stories,” or which story is best for its handling of Batman as a character himself.

1 Like

@Batwing52 Thanks!

1 Like

Hush.

2 Likes

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader, Batman R.I.P., and the issue of Justice League where he knocked Guy Gardener out with one punch! Bwah-hah-hah

2 Likes

For a one-issue story, it has to be Night of the Stalker. If we’re talking about an arc, then I’d go with the “Broken Bat” section of Knightfall.

1 Like

Detective Comics 500

To Kill a Legend

The Phantom Stranger gives Batman a second chance to stop the Wayne Murders, in a parallel Earth.

2 Likes

The dark knight. It’s not a comic but it’s a Batman story

1 Like

Black Mirror.

2 Likes

RIP and Hush

3 Likes

I also loved To Kill A Legend. Glad I am not the only one on here.

3 Likes

Long Halloween!

1 Like

The Cult.

1 Like

@Zer-en-Arrh
This is weird: RIP is one of my favorites (probably my second favorite, actually) but Hush is in my bottom twenty. Oh well, glad you got enjoyment out of both!

Robin dies at dawn. (The first Ra’s appearance)

2 Likes

I like hush. But batman rebirth 37 is my favorite solo issue. It’s Bruce Wayne being as normal as he is going to get.