What’s Your Dream Omnibus?

If you were in charge of DC’s omnibus collections, what would your dream Omnibus be?

Obviously I’d love a collected Omnibus of all Dennis O’Neil’s Question stories. It would fit perfectly alongside my Omnibuses for Gotham Central and 52, as the first part of what I consider a triptych of Questions. How about yours?

2 Likes

So let me start by saying I like the idea of the omnibus but not the overly huge book where the spines break, can’t read easily, heavy, etc.

However, I think the Starman Omnibus design is as perfect. If need be it could be a bit larger but not what we know as most omnibus.

As for project, while I like these Crisis on Infinite Earths companions. I would like to have seen them all put out in reading order with reference of which COIE issues to read.

Also, would love to see collections of things like the Hourman or Red Robin series, the first Blue Beetle and Booster Gold series. Most of which are like Two years worth.

An omnibus of the Batman Family series would be cool too.

3 Likes

I would like to see:

• New 52 Justice League (Origin, Trinity War, etc).
  • An omnibus of the current Superman Unity Saga by Bendis and Reis (when it’s over of course).
  • Superman Rebirth.
1 Like

I used to want an omnibus run of the 80’s Superman relaunch, but that’s all available digitally, so it’s no longer something I’d buy in print.

That said, I’d still like to see it happen so that people new to John Byrne’s (and Marv Wolfman’s) Superman can experience the whole enchilada and get in on the ground floor of one of the best relaunches of a character in comic history.

Moving on, I think Mike Grell’s Warlord would be fun to have in an omnibus. Almost none of it is available in digital (save for the COIE tie-ins) so that’s one I might take a crack at if the price is right.

1 Like

I would love to see the original Checkmate run including the Action Comics issue and the Janus Directive crossover collected as an omnibus. The art in those are amazing and there’re more than enough to fit into one or two volumes.

2 Likes

I would love to see an omnibus of the Electric Blue Superman from 1997-1998. I know they released Superman blue volume 1 a year ago, but I have not seen any updates if they will put out a volume 2.

2 Likes

Would love an Omnibus of Dial H For Hero. Especially the Adventure Comics era, including their Adventure Comics run of the 80’s, the Superboy backups that came after that, their DC COmics Presents guest starring appearance, and their Teen Titans guest appearances that followed up. They could also include the Hawk and Dove annual and the Superboy and the Ravers guest appearance of Vicki Grant that mostly told the final fate of them. I know it is hihgly unlikely they would ever even consider doing that one, (and with the fans creating the heroes and villains for most of those issues might be some legal issues with them, I don’t know) but you did say dream Omnibus, not “likely to actually happen” omnibus. lol.

1 Like

John Byrne’s complete Superman run starting with Man Of Steel and collecting anything and everything Superman related he did.

2 Likes

I have been wanting them to release Astro City in omnibus format. But since that is a Vertigo title it’s unclear if DC is still going to be publishing it.

4 Likes

The complete adventures of Hawkman, with every Hawkman comic ever.

5 Likes

I mean, as @HCQ said, an O’Neil/Cowan Question omnibus would be amazing. A Mike Grell Green Arrow omnibus and a Matt Wagner Sandman Mystery Theatre omnibus would be cool, too. As far as pipe dreams go, I’d love a DC/Marvel omnibus collecting all the various miniseries and one-shot crossovers.

4 Likes

Green Lanterns Rebirth and Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps Rebirth omnibuses would be awesome. Loved those stories so much

I want an Infinity Inc Omnibus pretty much as bad as I want chocolate :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

No Man’s Land. I have an obsession and a reputation. I would also like to see a elseworlds and, as @Batwing52 said, a DC/Marvel.

I’d like more omnibuses of Wonder Woman.

1 Like

I’d like an omnibus for Secret Six by Gail Simone and Birds of Prey by Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone runs.

1 Like

The entire Adams/O’Neil GL/GA run.

Also, all of COIE with all the crossover comics and a minimum of the first issue of every post-crisis book out at the time, to start to see the impact of the event.

4 Likes

I’d love a Neal Adams Batman omnibus in black and white. The reprint colorizations are abominable, and I’d love to be able to see Adams’ inked pencils.

1 Like

A Manhunter (Kate Kane) omnibus with little issues of the other four series as well.

Kate Kane is my favorite character besides Constantine and it seems that she has gotten kind of forgotten over the years. And a big fancy omnibus with all 36 issues would really get people more interested in the character. Plus with her being in Leviathan now would be a great time for it. And correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that Identity Crisis started in her series with Shadow Thief killing the new Firestorm.

Plus people can finally talk about more anti-heroes besides Deadshot, Deadpool, and Lobo if it gets popular.

I was going to say Infinity Inc. because after thirty years there still isn’t a complete set of that series in a trade but that is the obvious answer and I figured I have talked enough about that series on here.

2 Likes

Giffen/Dematteis run on Justice League.