What’s the one reason you love dc

???

3 Likes

The obvious story’s and characters

1 Like

Batman and Geoff Johns everything else is bonus.

2 Likes

to be honest, I love how they focus on being a hero. Like it’s an already established meta-human world and there are your classic heroes vs villains and it’s so diverse. It’s everything you can ask for. You got magic, science, a plethora of different alien origins, greek mythology, etc … and some!!!

Other than that…the characters. Each character is just perfect, phenomenally crafted.

4 Likes

The same reason I love Marvel, it’s the heroes.

2 Likes

HOPE

3 Likes

The fact that the universe is so big

4 Likes

I grew up with it

2 Likes

I love DC because I love comics!

2 Likes

Agreed with @deku_ above, the commitment to heroism, even when exploring how someone might have broken the code of being a hero, has always kept me reading DC. I’m also a die-hard Vertigo fan, I haven’t found an imprint that has so boldly defied any argument that comics aren’t art.

5 Likes

Perhaps for me it’s the storytelling in general in their written form. They truly have the most interesting characters and they’re constantly being put through hell, only to re-emerge victorious. When they’re able to truly capture the depth of these characters on the big screen, DC will be unstoppable🙂

1 Like

I like DC because their superheroes stand for something. Marvel has no problem with killing. But DC holds their heroes to a standard. They have characters I can connect to. They are ideals I can strive towards, to turn a phrase. They aren’t brought down to my level, like the Guardians of the Galaxy. The DC heroes rise above to help those bellow. Plus, Superman and Batman. NUFF SAID.

3 Likes

My very first introduction into the world of superheroes and comics came from DC

2 Likes

Dem Comics!

You see what I did there?

1 Like

Iconic

1 Like

Because their heroes feel like heroes.

2 Likes

I used to say Batman, but not so much anymore.

The villains, in a lot of ways they are more entertaining to read about than the actual hero.

1 Like

I grew up with Dc, before I even knew exactly what is was, then I got into comics and it only felt natural to read DC. Now I love DC because of the insane stories and awesome history.

BATMAN. He’s the crown Jewel and has some of the best story arcs comics can offer

1 Like

For me it started with the video games. I started playing Arkham City and became a huge Batman fan.

Then I started reading the comics, and watching the animated movies. I love the stories. I know some people would say that DC is “too dark”, but that doesn’t matter to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like