What’s New on DCUI 2/2: Let Them Live! A DCUI Early Exclusive

Wow the first. Awesome™:+1:. And what great concept for the debut. Definitely going to get read that after I finish catching up with the laugh additions I’ve been reading :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Ill take any Ambush bug-shaped bone yall wanna throw…

3 Likes

I was wondering what the heck that was when I saw it drop last night. I thought I was losing it! :sweat_smile:

I’ll definitely check this out, and looking forward to seeing what else might come from this.

6 Likes

YESSSSS, AMBUSH BUG! I read the issue. I would pay to read more of this immediately.

4 Likes

This book was an absolute blast and I LOVE the concept of Ambush Bug grabbing random stories from the DC Vault to share with us. The idea of not knowing what character(s) will be involved in any given issue makes it all the more fun to anticipate.

Seriously, there are not enough words for me to say how much I love this series and the exclusive access that we get for being subscribers.

:heart: :0_harley_quinn: :00_suicide_squad:

4 Likes

I want to read the new Hellblazer, but I kinda wanna read the first one first.

1 Like

Check out this link for some insight from writer Jim Zub about why he wrote this Suicide Squad story, why it hasn’t come out until now and the artwork behind it as well. I truly thought these were new stories and that the whole “unpublished” angle was just a gimmick for the book but it turns out these are legitimately stories that were written in the past - sometimes many years ago - that simply haven’t been seen outside of DC Comics offices until now.

Thanks, Ambush Bug, for being a rapscallion and taking us into the vault with you. Now label that key so you remember which one it is next time!

3 Likes

Loved the premise for “Let Them Live” and started out strong with a solid Suicide Squad story. Am looking forward to more issues. Hope they might go into some pre-crisis or even post-crisis pre-New 52 “lost” stories and not just stick to the more contemporary stuff.

3 Likes

Digital exclusives and, “Let them Live,” could be a catalyst for the old heads to jump on and give DCUI a try.

2 Likes

Quick question: is Let Them Live a standalone book? Does it require knowledge of prior events/stories?

2 Likes

Hey guys, remember I ask if there was a deleted panel? First I wanted to say Thankyou to @BCDC for his comment and letting me know about it.

I just remembered years and years ago when I started collecting The Batman Adventures. Well there was 1 comic that had a unpublished cover. Well we know that this is what issue 4 of The Batman Adventures looks like…

Few months later Editor Scott Peterson showed a unuse cover but said it looks pretty cool. Here’s the unpublished cover I found on google…

I think I know why it wasn’t use, Spoiler Alert!

Scarecrow was pretty much a mystery character til the end of this Part one story. That’s why I think this cover wasn’t use.

Anyway #4 and #5 is a great 2 parts story That’s worth reading.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Let’s hope for more DCUI originals!

2 Likes

I tracked down an old issue of Direct Currents just to have the original solicit for Justice League Europe #3.
Originally, it had Wonder Woman on the cover.
The final version had her redrawn to be Catherine Cobert, as Diana was removed from the team.

1 Like

The first issue didn’t require that "well beyond knowing Harley Quinn and Deadshot were in the Suicide Squad and what the Suicide Squad was.)

It’s an anthology series so may vary from issue to issue. But most unpublished stories were filler issues so guessing it won’t be too dependent on that. Would hope they would take that into consideration when picking stories also.

2 Likes

I will be checking out this new series. But I’ll be honest I have never been into Ambush Bug. But, Hey, it’s a new series for us DCUI subscribers!!!

Me waiting for the 16th to get here so I can read another issue of ‘Let Them Live!’…

Maybe I’m alone but…where’s the new ‘Let Them Live’? The original post said “It will publish on ComiXology and other digital platforms on a biweekly basis” and I LOVED the first one so I’ve been looking forward to Issue #2. Shouldn’t it have been released today?

I’ll see if I can get an answer for this. In the meantime, keep an eye out tomorrow too, just in case!

1 Like

Ambush bug just has a couple pages bookending the main story. It could actually even be skipped. So that probably won’t be a big deterrent. It was only the first issue but will be honest, I was not loving the Ambush Bug part and I am a fan of the character. He just isn’t the same when anyone but Keith Giffen writes him.

Just read it and loved it! Ambush Bug is going to become a favorite among DC Diehards and the reference to his browser history was…well, it was great fun to read! Can’t wait for the next one!

2 Likes