What’s New 4/13: American Vampire 1976 Starts, “The Joker War” Ends!

It’s Tuesday, and you know what that means: Time to check out the latest offerings on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE! We’ve got the start of several notable series, along with the conclusion to Batman event “The Joker War”—here’s what’s new on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, along with the latest fun on the DC Community!

DIGITAL FIRST SERIES

TITLE ISSUE DATE
Let Them Live!: Unpublished Tales from the DC Vault 6 4/13/21
Truth & Justice 1 4/14/21
Sensational Wonder Woman 1 4/15/21
Challenge of the Super Sons 5 4/19/21

NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below!

10 Likes

Just AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976 for me.

And looking back to January 21st and my first post

I love the UI and the Dark Mode. My favorites feature is the Home Screen widget. It’s oh so nice.

As far as releases are concerned, new comic releases, thank you for THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE.

Scott Snyder’s AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976 would be nice as a future consideration.

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess. (Ha!)

Anyway, thank you guys for AMERICAN VAMPIRE 1976.

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

American Vampire 1976” yet that style of bike customization (a cafe racer) wouldn’t be popular outside of Britain until the rise of the internet. Anyway it’s more Scott Snyder for me to not read, sometimes I feel his only purpose is to waste the talent of great artists.

I know I’m overwhelmingly negative on the guy but jeez, his entire Batman turned me off ever touching the guy’s work again.

4 Likes

From the cover of this week’s Let Them Live!. I feel like this can easily be used as an all-purpose meme each week when new comics are released.

(Or especially if DC ever decides to do another 1,000+ issue DCUI dump.)

((Dear DC, please do another 1,000+ issue dump. May I suggest… Vertigo?))

8 Likes

Are they going to add the rest of the American Vampire series since this is the end of the series?

5 Likes

Hi @lessthan12parsecs, welcome back! We don’t have any information about future additions yet, but whenever we do it will be posted here in the Watchtower. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let us know where you are checking out first in the comments below!

‘Let Them Live!: Unpublished Tales from the DC Vault’ will be where I start this week. I love this series and hope it continues on for years to come. Can’t wait to see what corner of the DC Universe Ambush Bug takes us to this time.

Love the segmented list of comics, by the way. Breaking them up by Digital First Series, New Comics and Archive Comics make it super simple to see what is what and where to begin. Thanks for that.

6 Likes

I have been reading all the new comics each week as they arrive. I will say I am a little tired of the Death Metal story and will be glad when it is over.

6 Likes

One more issue and the entire run of Super Friends will be complete!

7 Likes

It’s fine if you don’t like someone’s work, but without offering constructive criticism, you sound like someone who just wants to be negative. If you don’t want to read it, that’s fine, but why come on here JUST to say that you don’t want to read it?

4 Likes

On another note, when trying to find “Let Them Live…” on DCUI, as of 4/13/2021 @ 1148 Eastern time, the only way you can find it is by clicking on the link above. It is not shown in the series entry itself, since the “Date released” shows as “Date unknown”.

4 Likes

I didn’t come on here just to say I didn’t want to read it, I wanted to also point out that the motorcycle pictured doesn’t make sense in the United States in 1976.

But, what can I say that hasn’t already been said? Constant George Lucas-style retcons, poor storytelling, long infodumps…Why do I need to provide criticism? Not like Scott Snyder’s gonna read my forum post and defend his style or write a story tailored to address those criticisms. I’m just some nerd on a forum. I’m small potatoes.

And anyway, DC’s editorial staff seems to think Scott Snyder makes the sun rise every day judging by his stupid Metal series going on indefinitely.

There are lots of popular and well-regarded creators whose work I have problems with- I can’t say I’ve ever enjoyed or liked anything I’ve read by Alan Moore, for example, but I can at least see why those who like his work do like it. With Scott Snyder the praise and hype just seems so unearned to me. It’s like…why this? Why hold this up as “the best Batman ever” when I can rattle off a half-dozen better arcs and writers without thinking twice and I’m far from the most hardcore of fans?

3 Likes

Hey @bigby65.78080!

I just checked on this and it looks like this issue has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know!

2 Likes

Hello @Moderators,
I’ve just finish reading Sensational Wonder Woman #1, that was such a fast pace story that left in a cliffhanging! When will #2 be out? Can’t wait to see what will happen next!:slightly_smiling_face:
:00_wonder_woman_stars:

1 Like

Hey there!

I appreciate that this response is a little late, but we’re currently releasing issues of Sensational Wonder Woman at a pace of once per week. We’re currently on issue #5! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just read American Vampire 1976. Now I know what really happened with George Washington and the cherry tree.

3 Likes

Hey @brian.edmondson.2011.26346, welcome to the community! I’m glad to hear you were able to get your hands on American Vampire 1976. Was there any other comic added that piqued your interest?

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :vampire: