What’s a Villain in the Wrong Rogues Gallery

I feel as if there are many villains that would’ve had more staying power if they were in another rogues gallery. Like Toyman for example, sure he’s not totally obscure, but he could’ve potentially been much more iconic in the rogues gallery of Batman or the Teen Titans. Same goes for characters like the Tattooed Man or Doctor Phosphorus. What are some other examples?

6 Likes

Doctor Phosphorus should be firestorm foe.
Maxie Zeus should be a wonder woman foe

7 Likes

Great minds think alike :slightly_smiling_face:

My biggest one is Abra Kadabra should be in Zatanna’s rogues gallery.

3 Likes

Cyborg. He’s basically a walking talking action figure to the Toyman.

3 Likes

Don’t tell me you don’t think toyman belongs in superman’s rouge gallery? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Never :slight_smile:

…but he would fit into Cyborgs rogues gallery as well.

3 Likes

Or just overall the teen titans(ik cyborg is in the JL in current dc) I mean a toy theme villain fighting teenagers does sound fitting.

3 Likes

I am waiting for someone to say Court of Owls should be in Nightwing’s rogues instead of Batman’s since he has more connection to them than bats.

6 Likes

No The Court should battle Courtney Whitmore, as owls hate the sun.

3 Likes

Stargirl? That’s be cool ngl

4 Likes

I thought of this not too long ago and just randomly remembered this thread today so I thought I should share.
Solomon Grundy. He’s been apart of both Batman and Superman’s rogues galleries, but his origins begin in Slaughter Swamp, which is said to be not far outside of Gotham. But Gotham is usually depicted as a series of islands. Bludhaven is said to be just a half hour drive down the coast from Gotham and is surrounded by swamplands with no name. What if those swamplands is in fact Slaughter Swamp. In Sam Humphries story “The Untouchable”, the culture of the locals is very rooted in superstition and urban legend like the Sea Butcher.

Solomon Grundy should be a Nightwing villain.

4 Likes

That would be neat!

Also, fun fact, Grundy started as a Green Lantern (Alan Scott) villain, if I’m not mistaken.
I’ve personally slightly seen him as the versatile villain who could fit in several different rouges galleries

6 Likes

Yes, he started as a Green Lantern villain. As a swamp zombie he was basically wood and thus heavily resisted my inspiration’s constructs.

5 Likes

Opinion:

Every villain in a rogue’s gallery is in the wrong gallery.

It’s a shared universe, mix and match whatever way and find new interesting takes.

4 Likes

Joker: Why am I taking on Green Lantern. I only compete with a guy dressed like a rat?

5 Likes

Oh interesting I never knew that! That’s cool too! And thank you.

3 Likes

@Pow-Pow, you read my mind! The amount of opportunities with a mix-and-match mindset is endless. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:fire: Another Hot Take @EverAJ, Court of Owls could be an interesting dynamic with Hawkman (keeping with the birds-on-birds theme).

P. S. I love this thread @Rip_Rubbler - such a neat idea!

4 Likes

Chronos is the arch enemy of the Atom-
chronos-vs-the-atom~2

But given what his powers are, he seems better suited to rival Booster Gold or The Flash (Barry Allen).
1145169-booster-gold-03-pg-23-108638

2 Likes

Despero is considered a Justice League villain, but I’d argue he’s actually Martian Manhunter’s arch rival.

2 Likes

Actually, seeing the history of the Court of Owls coincide Hawkman’s reincarnations would be really cool

4 Likes