What Rare Collectible Do You Own?

I want to see the rare ,the weird, and amazingly cool. I honestly don’t own a really rare item but I do intend to try and and find some cool stuff that I can say I’m only one of a few to own such item. So show off what you got!

3 Likes

1974 mego superman. Pass down from my dad to me.

9 Likes

@LEXC0RP wow that’s awesome why no S out of curiosity

2 Likes

Don’t know if this counts as a collectible, but definitely rare and one of a kind- I had a Underworld Unleashed custom bind made. They never collected it the way I wanted then to, then I found out you can custom bind pretty much whatever you’d like. So I collected everything I thought was relevant in the crossover, then included Neron’s follow up appearances in Flash, JLA, and New Year’s Evil.

11 Likes

Honestly i have no idea lol

1 Like

@TheTerribleToyman that is insane I never knew you could do that nor did I ever think of that I have to say that is bleeping awesome yes I censored myself don’t want to anyone saying anything for dropping that F bomb. Just know I am going to look into it and my wife is going to hate you for giving me the idea lol .

5 Likes

I have two prized possessions: My copy of Brave and the Bold #28 (first JLA appearance) and my autographed Mickey Mantle bat.

5 Likes

From the photo, the Batman 423 and Killing Joke 1st print are nice but not all that rare. What I find truly interesting is the Detective Comics 80th Anniversary Giant #1. It’s a Walmart title, but Alex Grand’s comics.org suggests that it had a maximum circulation of only just over 3,000 issues. I find it amazing that a Batman book can be so new ‐ just over a year old - yet so rare. Anyway, there is literally one book higher rated in the CGC census.

1 Like

My pride & joy is a 1/3 scale Superman statue by Ivan Reis, of which only 400 were made world wide. I’ve showed him off many times before I’m sure folks here on DCU have grown tired of it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I have a pretty nice coin collection, but nothing DC.

1 Like

You have comics sent to be bound, too?? Outstanding work. Who did you send yours to?

Houchen usually does mine.

3 Likes

thats pretty cool

2 Likes

The 1990 Flash Pin

I bought it when it first came out. Had it for several years and eventually lost it.
This past year I was finally able to find one on Ebay I generally keep it on my Flash Trade-shelf or, when I’m moving things around I put it in the Stand to my JWS TV Flash Multiverse Figure

3 Likes

Heroes Rebound

2 Likes

I own both a Batgirl '66 bust and a matching Tonner doll. They are the pride and joy of everything I own.

3 Likes

I have some limited items but sometimes it’s rare vs in-demand. I tracked down the JLA/Avengers collectors edition a year ago. It’s not in the greatest shape but I really wanted it. I’m not sure how/why I missed it when it came out. I also have animated maquettes from the WB Studio Store. My all time personally valuable possession is a Jaws poster by Laurent Durieux and Mondo. I am pretty sure I would run into fire for it. (Not my pictures)

3 Likes

I got this figurine at a comics shop, and the owner told me it’d been sitting for a while. I was so excited as it was my first collector’s purchase, that he drew me this Nightwing sketch right there. I know it’s not rare, but it is technically one of a kind!
I also have a Russ Braun autographed copy of Batman: Venom he sent me, so that’s pretty cool!

1 Like

I have two answers

The first would be the silver age comics that were my dad’s when he was a boy/teen.

The second would be this:

My Jim Lee Darth Vader drawing that I won on his stream a couple summers ago. Mainly because it’s one of a kind, personalized, and very special. (Plus how often do you see Jim draw characters outside DC of late?)

6 Likes

A little late to the party but I have two old Super Powers! Action Figures from the 80s. They are Batman and Shazam.

1 Like

Over the years I have been filling in the gaps in my Super Powers collection. I have a few on cards but most of the main characters loose. I’m at the point where I’m missing the final wave and they’re characters I never knew so I don’t mind, and I accept I’ll never be able to afford Cyborg. I still want Steppenwolf, Mr Freeze, and Orion. It’s obvious which were mine as a kid because they are scuffed up but it doesn’t matter to me. That series, and MOTU, were my childhood.

2 Likes