What Other Character Should Practical FX Be Done For?

Tonar-Re

2 Likes

@applejack, I actually Doug Jones with prosthetics is exactly what Deadman would call for. Looking at the range he’s been able to create, from the Pale Man to Lt. Saru, gives a good idea that he could make a visually striking Deadman that would still be able to act and emote without the facial motion capture stuff. He’d just have to get shredded Chris Pratt style. Or go for a more emaciated, ghostly look in a more gothic horror movie or series over muscles in tights saving the world kind of deal.

The real trick to practical Deadman would be making him float all the time and animating how he possesses people, both of which would probably require green screens and CGI. I do love seeing practical effects whenever possible, however.

3 Likes

I pick:

Penguin
Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E.
The Creeper
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How about Anti-Monitor? I know some digital fx would have to go into him, but for the most part I think he could work.

2 Likes

Cheetah is top of my list (c’mon '84 …) followed by Martian Manhunter, and then Darkseid’s daughter Grail would be a fun practical challenge

otherwise Black Manta is the one that stuns me silent every time

4 Likes

Mr. Mind LOOK HOW CUTE

Slimey-the-Worm-2.jpg

4 Likes

@biff_pow, again with the Henson, I’m picturing the blue worm from Labyrinth :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@manifest, right there with you… c’mooon, '84!

2 Likes

Characters without visible powers would be easy to do practical fxs for like:
Creeper
Batman family
Grifter
Zealot
Watchmen minus Doc Manhattan
Green Arrow family

2 Likes

Any DC production with Jim Henson Company practical effects would be gold Jerry.

2 Likes

S.T.R.I.P.E. would be cool too. I’m envisioning something akin to the ABC Robot from the Judge Dredd movie, but better.

2 Likes

Mr. Freeze could be cool

4 Likes

‘Practical FX’
Thanks. I didn’t realize it had a name.
I just called it non-cgi or old school fx.

It’s one of the reasons I got excited about New Mutants, as the director is going for Practical FX and borrowing techniques from the horror films of the 70s and the '80s. Suits, prosthetics, pyrotechnics, etc.

Agents of SHADE would be a good candidate.

2 Likes

Parademons. I think the ones in the JL movie were mostly CGI.

1 Like