What new (to you) comic have you recently discovered and become obsessed?

I have become slightly obsessed with Daredevil and All Star Batman. On both-the story telling and art work remind me why I still have to visit my local comic book store at age 52 with my kids.

6 Likes

Little Bird, Monstress, Black Hammer, Mister Miracle & Bug! The Adventures of Forgaer. Feel like I’ve hit a pretty good streak of new books lately.

5 Likes

A lot actually. I’ve been super in love with the “teen titans rebirth” and the “super sons”. They were just really funny and entertaining stories. I’m a little sad that the teen titans one is taking like a completely different route. Especially after having Damian resort back to killing, just seemed a little off character for what they’ve been building but at the same time I get it.

5 Likes

I had just read the O’Neil/Cowan Question book before the Lemire/Cowan Black Label Book got announced, so I’m pretty entrenched in that world right now.

6 Likes

The silencer

4 Likes

I just discovered “Supergod” by Warren Ellis and Garrie Gastonny (Avator Press)–and it is really, really good. Nations creating “Supers,” what could go wrong? Worth the time and $1.99

6 Likes

I’m gonna say Batman One Bad Day: The Riddler, mostly because it’s the newist addition to my physical collection and I’ve been obsessed with the Riddler for months now.

10 Likes

Dang good book

7 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

the joker manga its fun I wish there was more then two volumes
51BEGbEm7KL.SX342_BO1,204,203,200

5 Likes

If you haven’t read Detective Comics Annual Vol. 1 - #8 by Chuck Dixon, it’s a fun Riddler Year One story.

7 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd
Riddler is gonna be in worldsfinest 19
also the puzzle box is a good Riddler story

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

I have falled in love with The Department of Truth. So unique and interesting. I’ e also jumped in the deep end with Daredevil (love every iteriation of DD I’ve read in the last few years).

5 Likes

Scott Pilgrim

7 Likes

What do you like about it most? :eyes:

4 Likes

It might have the best character writing of any comic I’ve ever read.

The comic somehow makes a Trainspotting reference one of my favorite pages in all of comics.

I love this page because it’s able to reveal so much about Scott:

1. It puts Scott’s mistakes on full display. I like the movie adaptation just fine, but I really prefer how the book makes it very clear that Scott is in the wrong for dating Knives.
  2. It shows how Scott doesn’t think about the media he’s consuming. He just views Trainspotting as content, not art, watching it solely for the plot, not the for the story and emotions.
  3. Scott bringing up Trainspotting also shows his unhealthy obsession with pop culture.
  4. Scott shows his unaccountability when, after trying to use Trainspotting as a way to justify his actions, he tells Wallace the situation is nothing like Trainspotting.

, with a simple, natural conversation.

6 Likes

I love your reasoning here. Never realized the Scott Pilgrim comics were that good… might have to dig into these myself

5 Likes

Green Lantern in the 90s, starring Kyle Rayner. :grinning:

:00_lc_green_lantern1:

5 Likes

Best Green Lantern around :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes