What Music Would Your Favorite DC Characters Listen To?

If you had to guess, what music would your favorite DC characters listen to? If you’re having trouble thinking, try and list some songs that remind you of the character instead! This is just for fun, there are no right or wrong answers here. :relaxed:

Here’s an example: ADAM STRANGE

• Silvertongue by Young the Giant
  • All the Stars by Kendrick Lamar
  • Runaway by Felix Cartel
  • Doctor by Finish Ticket
9 Likes

No wrong answers? What about Batman’s undying hatred of rock and roll?

In all (or some, anyway) seriousness, Wally West seems like the kind of person who’d listen to thematically appropriate songs like “Life in the Fast Lane” by the Eagles just for laughs. Or maybe Life is a Rock by Reunion because the lyrics would sound like they’re being sung at a normal speed to him.

6 Likes

I know what my favourite character wouldn’t listen to (I had to do this):

4 Likes

Ok, I see I’m not the only one who had to do this.

5 Likes

Hah, I never knew Batman would hate rock and roll so much! And I love your picks for Wally! He totally would do that, lmao.

5 Likes

I’m in the middle of my Batman Eternal, Batman & Robin Eternal and Detective Comics Rebirth reading so I’ll go with the Batfamily:
Batman: Batman doesn’t listen to music. I can’t imagine him listening to anything. He has no time.
Alfred: it’s because Giles from Buffy is a very similar character. I imagine Alfred being a fan of 60s british rock.
Cassandra: classical music created for balet
Damian: …same as Bats.
Tim: Don’t know him that much but maybe… electronic music? Or ambient so he can focus on what he’s doing more.
Jason: Hard rock obviously. He wants to be as cool as he can.
Grayson: Things that are more happy. Maybe some indie or bubblegum pop
Harper: She HAS to listen to Hamilton on a daily basis.
Stephanie: I think she listens to a lot of things but isn’t really into any specific genre.
Batwoman: maybe some goth stuff? She had to take the aesthetic from somewhere.
Batgirl: Indie stuff.
Batwing: maybe hip hop or some form of rock.
Azrael: Religious music comes to mind. More hymns, less Christian rock.

7 Likes

Forgot about Gordon: he had “The Clash - I Fought the Law” as a ringtone for Batman so ,in my mind, he’s really into punk rock, especially British punk.

5 Likes

The Question is into Britney Spears era pop music, as per Justice League Unlimited, but I also see him as a big Talking Heads fan. So much of their music was about general paranoia.

6 Likes

Ollie: Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Black Flag, The Ramones

I see him being kind of a punk poser who secretly likes hair metal, and Dinah makes fun of him for it

4 Likes

Superman: Hero by Nickleback and Chad Kroeger. Superman by Cece Winans

3 Likes

These are all great! I love the idea of Jason listening to hard rock. And I can totally see Ollie listening to hair metal, haha. It’s only natural that Superman would listen to Superman, lol. Love the choices!

5 Likes

Batman: DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!

11 Likes

Lex is all classical, so probably Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Bach, etc.

3 Likes

Batman has a string quartet playing Bach in his earpiece has pulverizes the soft cartilage, joints, and nerve endings of a gang of thugs

6 Likes

Danny Elfman.

3 Likes

Jason Todd listens to the edgiest, most mid-‘90s grunge music there is.

‘And it’s none of the stuff you’ve heard of. That’s too mainstream obvi…’

Jason talking there, not me.

4 Likes

@mgstv
Oh my god that’s PERFECT.

2 Likes

Also, Superman listens to a lot of semi-modern pop. The sweet, emotional stuff. I’ve always thought that Hal Jordan listens to crowd-please-y ‘80s rock. The most generic music for the most generic person in the DCU. Wally West listens to a little bit of death metal and a little bit of punk rock. Barbara Gordon listens to classical while she’s working, and alternative rock in her free time. Those are really all the ones I have definite answers to.

Oh, and Jason’s saying “Hello” while listening to Nirvana—

Oh, I’m sorry, here he is again: “It’s called ‘Death Unicorn’, plebe!”

3 Likes

@Batwing52 Ok, I want to change my Jason pick to yours. That’s perfect!

3 Likes

Lois listens to “I Believe in You” by Kylie Minogue when Clark is out and about doing his (to quote The Matrix Reloaded) “Superman thing”.

3 Likes