What Makes Joker Such a Great Villain?

I want to know what makes the Joker such a great villain after all this time.

For me, it’s how, no matter who he fights, he’s always the most dangurous thing in the room and/or country. His cruel sadistic nature makes him fun to watch, but also horrifying to behold.

4 Likes

His wwll tanned skin.

4 Likes

killer instinct an actual smart battle iq in the form of cruel jokes crowbars fighting style smile voice

3 Likes

But… he’s not tanned?

2 Likes

Exactly. He hides his massive intellect behind jokes and schemes that are both horrific and hilarious.

3 Likes

I think it’s the fact that he’s almost always completely unpredictable and rarely has any kind of redeeming qualities to him. There are a lot of villains who are sort of misunderstood or just made a few bad choices, but Joker is generally just evil and out to hurt people just to hurt them.

5 Likes

Well said. He’s just a nasty bugger.

2 Likes

He can be unpredictable, never tell the truth, has a scary evil laugh, he can be deadly as well. That’s what makes him so dangerous, even Batman probably gets a chill in his spine knowingly he has to face this craze clown.
If anyone gets near him, nobody is safe, not even Harley Quinn or Bob the Goon!
Guess that’s what makes him a great villain. :cold_sweat:

:joker_hv_1:

3 Likes

Because he’s the comic book version of Tyler Durden.

He has no self crippling delusions or anxieties like riddler, two-face, scarface, etc. He’s completely let go of the “wheel,” so to speak.

3 Likes

And that’s just Bruce. I wonder how Jace Fox would feel if he had to fight Joker…

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning how smart he is. Here he is beating Ra’s al Ghul at chess-

Someone whose unpredictable and sadistic is definitely a threat, but it’s when you combine all that with how intelligent he is that makes the Joker as formidable as he is.

4 Likes

So, he’s like Batman… but a chaotic monster straight from Hell.

3 Likes

I even remember a scene in TDK where Jim Gordon was mentioning how the Joker had nothing in his pockets but knives and lint. In other words, the Joker has no earthly possessions and isn’t holding on to anything. All he has to offer is violence and a saddistic laugh.

2 Likes

That is absolutely wrong.

He was holding on to the lint.

1 Like

There’s a theory that the Joker was actually secret hero of TDK.

2 Likes

In my opinion, he’s not agreat villian, he’s a monster to a degree that makes it not fun to see him in anything.

2 Likes

He blew up a hospital, so without watching the video yet- I’m gonna say thats a huge stretch.

2 Likes

hot take: hes not a great villan anymore, he’s overused and gets annoying and with the increased need to make batman more edgy he just gets more and more evil to the point where he loses his charm

3 Likes

True. However, he knew it was empty when he triggered the bombs.

The Joker is best when he’s in equal ways funny and terrifying.

3 Likes