What Legion of Superheroes series is best for new readers

I have always loved the idea of the Legion ever since I grew up watching the animated series as a kid. Lightning Lad was awesome, and I think it was my first ever exposure to the idea of Superboy. I loved seeing their brief appearances in the DCAU Justice League cartoon, but I’ve never read the comics.

I’ve always wanted to, but I was hesitant since it seems to be a random Legion reboot every few years, plus, I want a good story that allows me to enjoy the team in comics and get a feeling for this team and their world.

Also, I can handle weird and strange concepts. I’ve been reading comics since I was ten and have gone back and read Grant Morrison’s Batman, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and Multiversity.

One of the hotter topics you’ll find on the internet is the discussion of just how crazy complex and baffling the history of Legion is in DCU publication history.

The good news is there’s something for everyone; the more somber news for our Legion club (I still have to order my gold ring) is there’s going to be months or maybe even longer periods of time where some people going to go “why would I read this?” because it won’t match the other parts of the Legion history that they love.

The 4 issues we’re going to read with the reading week that starts today, that us going to announce later today, are definitely key issues to understanding all the other iterations of Legion… and ironically they have a little mix of everything.

1 Like