what Justice League lineup did you like the best

Let us know and when come off Hiatus our first podcast. And TV show of the new year we will include the best answers we find here

1 Like

I grew up with the Justice League Animated Series lineup. I think that line up works well since there were 2 women. Wonder Woman was no to manā€™s world but she came over to help with ongoing evil. Hawkgirl (yes she was a spy but she redeemed herself) was just as amazing as Wonder Woman. Both were very possess very strong will and were not afraid to back from a fight. Hawkgirl was adventurous. Jā€™onn Jā€™onzz was the last of his kind, trying to figure how the people of Earth live and having the League as his family til he took time off to find a better understanding when he went to live amongst humans. Loved how The Flash was the youngest of the group and he always brought the team spirit. Batman kept things real. Superman was the boy scout that didnt want his fellow members to get hurt. John Stewart made everyone into a team player, this may come from him being retired from the USMC.
I can go on and on, but Iā€™ll stop here.

4 Likes

First JLA books I read were the ones from Grant Morrisonā€™s run. So I really dig that lineup. Kyle is one helluva GL. Jon Stewart is awesome. Iā€™m going to read some Post Crisis on Infinite Earths- Green Lantern in the coming weeks and then Iā€™ll jump into some of the older JLA lineups.

1 Like

@ThekelticJedi Kyle is new generation GL I grew up with Hal and John to be honest mostly Hal.
However
Kyle is favorite i related with him more than any other GL

1 Like

@BatmmmMango oh man you should really pick up some JL comicsā€¦Justice League and Justice League unlimited are great but nothing beats the comics written by Gardner Fox or Keith Giffen. Anything from the 1960 to 1990 you will love them

2 Likes

For me it was Justice League America/Europe. I actually didnā€™t discover them until 1991 when i was starting College. The thing that really drew me to them was that the team all lived in that brownstone embassy in New York and it felt like a college dorm to me. All of the relationships and antics were very similar to the kinds of things my friends and I were going through at the time. (minus the super-powers)

2 Likes

Big Seven (the original founders)

3 Likes

@TheDemonEtrigan of course the big Seven, have you ever had the pleasure of reading The Brave and the Bold #28 ?

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Brad Meltzerā€™s all-too-brief lineup, which consisted of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Red Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Lightning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, and Vixen. A mixture of classic and legacy characters. You really got a sense of comraderie and family with that team and how he wrote it.

3 Likes

@Pariah576 at one time we had print of that said line up in the #Geeklair ā€¦ Very nice choice and line up

1 Like

Agree with Pariah576 lineup but add Flash & Shazam!!!

JLI/A Martian Manhunter, GL Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Mr. Miracle and Batman

1 Like

I love the ā€œSatellite Eraā€ Justice League. To me, this fear the team at its most powerful. They also had the greatest JLA/JSA team ups. Itā€™s a roll call of DC legends: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal), Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Elongated Man, Red Tornado. The best version of the team for me. With George Perez doing art, it was legendary.

1 Like

Not my favorite, but for something different. I really enjoyed Formerly known as the JL with Mary Marvel, Booster Gold, Ralph & Sue Dibney, Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Fire, etc. aka Super Buddies & the sequel I canā€™t believe itā€™s not the JL.

1 Like

HAHA that got what was expected. Ok, I like the JLA ā€˜97 WW, Supes, Rayner, Batman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, the characters change throughout so wont list em, there on here anyways, the comic that is.