What is Your Top Favorite Batman Comic?

I couldn’t agree with you more about Black Mirror, @capo-mage! I really loved it!

1 Like

It’s a hands down classic for me. If someone says what’s your favorite Batman storyline, it’s almost a gunshot reaction to say Black Mirror. I’m happy u loved it too. Timeless imho.

1 Like

Thank you again for the recommendation! I agree. It has such a strong tie-in with classic slasher flicks that the feel is timeless. :ok_hand: Excellent story arc!

1 Like

I can’t stand Scott Snyder but I love Black Mirror. Has to be one of my all time favorites besides the usual Batman all time greats.

2 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML - finally just got to Shades of Grey. The title wasnt revealed until the last page, so as I’m reading I am thinking, “wow this is a really good one and the art is solid.” Come to the end to find out what it was and I remembered your message. Very good call. It followed a couple of really good issues - The Visitor, where Superman comes to try and help and Balance which was about Alfred telling some kids a story about a Knight and Squire (namely Batman and himself). Yes, definitely enjoying my slow journey through No Man’s Land.

2 Likes

6 Likes

“Introduction by Mark Hamill”

Does Joker even appear in Son of the Demon :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hush was so good that I had to buy it. So it was my first full book I’ve ever bought from a comic shop.

5 Likes

This hardcover predates Hamill’s time on Batman TAS… and his time on The Flash, for that matter.

3 Likes

Okay, so now I’m even more confused about why they would have him write the intro.

1 Like

It’s probably for the same reason that they had Stephen King write the intro for Batman #400 a few months earlier: famous names on the cover help sell the book. Speaking of the cover, Hamill’s introduction actually appeared on the flaps of the book’s dust jacket.

3 Likes

Glad to know you enjoyed it! NML is a great story. The art is sometimes hit or miss but it is a setting and story that Batman was made for! Hope you enjoy the rest!

2 Likes

I agree with you on all fronts!

1 Like

@AlexanderKnox @Batman0803 I know Mark Hamill and Stephen King are both big comics fans so maybe that’s why they reached out to them for intros? Hamill for sure collects and knows his stuff. Check out Comic Book: The Movie to see his love of comics.

5 Likes

Well, yeah. I was just presenting the cynical corporate side of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I remember a Chuck Jones biography I had called “Chuck Amuck”. It had an intro and forward. One by Whoopi Goldberg and the other by Steven Spielberg. Sometimes people are just fans and when publishers reach out to them for this kind of stuff they’re happy to do it.

2 Likes

Bruce Wayne: Murderer?/Fugitive

2 Likes

Gotham by gaslight, faces & venom from LOTDK series, Batman/judge dredd, etc.

2 Likes

Oh man, “Faces” always kinda freaked me out. I mean, it’s a very compelling and interesting story, but the bearded lady deceiving that accountant guy and walking him through a house of horrors? That still gives me the creeps.

1 Like

Lol, yeah I really dig all the Matt Wagner Batman stuff.

3 Likes