what is your specialty charachter?

Don’t forget that HB also loves cats as well as to make fun of a Seth MacFarlane voiced character he works with whose accent adds comedic value to the pronunciation of “focus”.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s the one. He just had a new movie that’s being torn apart by reviews, but I actually really enjoyed it.

1 Like

@vroom

Oh ya!! Lol!!

1 Like

@cold smoke

Do you recommend it?

1 Like

The Justice League.

No, I’m not saying that to say that I’m well-versed in every member of the team, I’m well-versed in their history as a group.

I can name the big eras of the team off the top of my head (Sanctuary, Satellite, Detroit, International, Watchtower, Post-Infinite Crisis, and Post-Flashpoint), list their rogues gallery (Amazo, Ivo, Morrow, Starro, Despero, Doc Destiny, Mageddon, the Crime Syndicate, etc.), and what each character brings to the table (Batman brings his resources and tactical brilliance, Superman brings his leadership and power).

I can tell you what makes a good JLA story or run (mostly purpose and theme), how a writer should pick a team lineup, and what makes or breaks a spinoff team (like JL Europe or JL Dark).

Overall, I think that few comics can hold a candle to a good JLA comic. I am proud to be a JLA fan.

1 Like

Wow!!! I never thought about it like that, but that’s cool. To be well versed in the JLA as a team. AWESOME!!

2 Likes

I do, but I’d recommend reading the series first. They take a lot of the imagery straight from the pages, so without any Hellboy knowledge outside of the Del Toro films (which are ok, but NOT better than the new one) it’ll feel a bit messy. There were a few design choices I wasn’t pleased with (the way they made ectoplasm look was pretty bad) but they definitely got the heart of HB correct, and David Harbour was fantastic. There’s a scene ripped right from Hellboy in Mexico and it was simply amazing.

1 Like

Well I have the knowledge from the previous movies, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Those films are a lot different than the comics. Like, Hellboy and Liz have a sibling-like relationship in the comics, they’re definitely not dating. Del Toro took a lot of liberties with the character. Mignola actually spoke about the differences between the Del Toro HB and the comics one.

He said - "So the Hellboy character did quite a few things in the second film that my Hellboy wouldn’t do. In fact, there was a moment in one of the meetings where I said, ‘Hellboy wouldn’t do that,’ and Del Toro said, ‘Your Hellboy wouldn’t, mine would.’ And that was one of those real moments of, ‘Oh, that’s right. I’m working on a Del Toro movie. I’ve gotten pretty far away from working on a regular Hellboy thing.’”

1 Like

Mhm… interesting. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

@VengeanceNightBatman So do you only count the League, or are you a fan of the JSA as well?

2 Likes

Just the League. Thinking of getting into the JSA, though.

2 Likes

The Justice League cartoon version is my favorite, if only because that was my first experience with the team and they shaped how I view all other versions of the League.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting point of view.

1 Like

@VengeanceNightBatman - I like the JSA a bit more than the JLA, but I’m really into the whole concept of passing the torch and legacy heroes, which has been what the JSA are about since the 90’s. Check out the One Year Later run of JSA, it’s one of my favorites, and not a bad starting point. Especially with Justice League vs The Fatal Five out now, it’s featuring Starboy.

2 Likes

Batman for sure

2 Likes

The Flashes and their Reverses. Time travel at will, as in the case of speedsters, makes us the most powerful of all heroes and villains. And when you do the math some of what they do could be possible if you could run fast enough.

1 Like

@iamthefutureflash

YA!!! high five :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: pound it​:facepunch:

1 Like

@Iamthefutureflash
Also since almost everything is involved with speed, they can do so much. Like Barry said in the flash rebirth volume 9- the speedforce has to do with so much more than speed

1 Like

Bats

1 Like