what is your specialty charachter?

Everyone has a superhero or supervillain that is their specialty. For example… I am very well versed in the flash. I could tell you almost anything about him. So share your specialty hero or villain. And give us a few facts about them.

4 Likes

The flash is my specialty. He created the speed force when he got hit by lightning. He has an evil twin brother named cobalt blue. Impulse and xs are his grandchildren.

3 Likes

I’m Batman.

I mean, uh, my specialty character is Batman. Yes. That’s it.

Random fact: Bill Finger’s last issue of Batman or Detective Comics (not counting reprints) was, I believe, in 1966, though at that point he was doing pretty much one issue a year. Gardner Fox, who’d written Batman’s third appearance, was still writing more issues of both series than not up until Denny O’Neil took over in 1968. Between the two of them, they created most of the important concepts and major rogues.

2 Likes

Thays actually… very interesting!! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

My specialty is, of course, The Question.

Here’s a fact for you: between The Question’s original stories at Charlton Comics and Post-Crisis stories at DC, the character rights were owned by a company called Americomics in 1983. During that time, Americomics attempted to launch a new team in Americomics Special #1 called the “Sentinels of Justice”, which featured The Question, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, and Nightshade. Only one story was published with that lineup before Americomics had to change it up for their own original characters, as the rights changed hands to DC.

5 Likes

Wow that’s really cool!!

1 Like

The Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League International era, from 1987 to 1992.

For five years, I ate, drank and slept JLI, with me only buying it and its sister titles, JLE, JLQ, Mister Miracle and Dr. Fate, on a regular basis.

Breakdowns led to me feeling lost for over a year, trying to find something to replace it.

1 Like

My speciality is Redhood. I’m talking about Jason Todd’s Redhood. Not Joker. Jason died in A death in the Family in 1988. 17 years later, he was resurrected. He is known to be one of the most violent characters in all of DC.

4 Likes

Wow good story guys

1 Like

Guess lmao. On a serious note I have a couple of fun facts on Hal.

1. Hal had a Starfish for a sidekick
  2. Former U.S. Congressman John Lindsay was a Green Lantern fan
  3. The Green Lantern franchise almost became Marvel property.
2 Likes

Also, I cool fact for Speedster fans. Green Lantern and Flash go way back as friends. Starting with Alan Scott and Jay Garrick. Now it’s Hal and Barry which anytime I see a Flash fan, I gotta say what’s up!

2 Likes

Alot.

2 Likes

What’s the phase Jack of all trades Master of none

I know bits and pieces about alot of characters

I have my favorites.

But master of none

3 Likes

I used to know alot about Batman and his villains but admittedly, I’ve become rusty over the years.

I think saying that I’d even be a jack of all trades would be too generous. I’m still learning, alot from games like Lego DC Super Villains - which surprisingly has alot of hidden lore and this community.

4 Likes

That’s the great thing about DC: there’s always something new to learn about. I myself would love to learn more and more about the Wildstorm Universe.

I was partly kidding in my last response. I’ve been a DC fan for 30 years this June, so I am familiar with most DC properties, but if I was to specialize in a particular franchise, it’d be Superman or Batman. If we’re talking talent, it’d be Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.

4 Likes

@vroom but what is your one and only specialty. There isnt one hero or villain that you know more than the rest?

3 Likes

Well, it’s a toss up between Batman and Superman really because they’ve been focal points for years and years, but I’ll lean towards the #1 and say Superman.

2 Likes

Alright!! Any fun facts??

1 Like

Hellboy. He’s the son of Azzael (Archduke of Hell) and Sarah Hughes (17th Century Witch, descendant of King Arthur), and summoned from Hell by Rasputin at the behest of the Ogdru Jahad (dragons, but in a more Lovecraftian, Old-God sense). That’s the well known stuff. Some fun facts would be that he once wielded Mjolnir, fought off deities from multiple religions, and has even fought abstract concepts, like the Conqueror Worm. He has basically rubbed shoulders with at least one creature from every religion around.

2 Likes

Those are pretty cool facts!! And don you mean the hellboy as in one big arm one smaller arm, he shaves off his horns, and smokes cigars?

2 Likes