What is your preferred comic style?

I can get the gist of the stories by looking at them with our comic reader.

Doomsday clock because it emulates Watchmen which has a constant grid is the easiest for me to look at at the art and read the text of each individual panel in.Portrait view

The greater the swich I have to do from Portrait to Landscape view the more frustrating it is for me. To have to go to Zoom.is more daunting. I would have to look.at each title to see the varirety of portrait landscape full page or double page occurs in.them which probay varies from issue to issue.

Until you brought this topic up I thought each panel was that way because of the story. Now I am not sure of that at all.

Mainly I care about how the writer shapes the story. Is it clrar?.With the two current Batman titles half the time it might be a hallucination. A lot of times it is hard to get tbrough the complexity of Morrison. Or the bad plotting of Bendis. One issue he had five different groups or Individuals just happening to be in a small area within the vast universe

The villian
Zod from the Phantom Zone
some Hawkman world people
Jorel and Superboy
And Superman

Next come the characters. Are they acting like themselves?. Again with Bendis Lois goes off with 10 year old Jon with a known crazy person Jor ell.and then leaves Jon with the pycho for some reason.and then does not go back to her husband for some time
WHY because Bendis is not interested in the grrat stories about the kent family that Tomasi.wrote. And he has to age Jon.so he can join.the Legion of Superheroes which is no longer required because of the final issue of Doomsfay Clock.which he certainly knew about.

Art is only.a negative to me. I.like the clean style of John Byrne, George Perez, Wally Wood, Joe Staton and Jim Aparo. Bizarre Art like that on.Martian Manhuntet is very offputting

Comixology show me the whole page first so I have some idea how each page looks visually

You mentionef wanting to know more about the history.of comics.

I suggest you spend an hour and a half watching

Secret Origin The History of DC Comics

In.an hour and a half the Golden Silver and Bronze Ages are covered up to the British writers Moore Morrison.and Gaiman.

Over in Essential Reading at the bottom right of Community when first entered

I did two topics for DC Univetse

if you want to learn significant events in super hero genre history

if you want to learn how Superman Batman.and Wonder Woman were created

4 Likes