What Is Your One Bat-tastic Scene?

I think my favorite scene is from the Dark Knight trilogy. It’s where Bruce decides to officially become the Dark Knight after Two-Face was born.

6 Likes

I’m not wearing hockey pads!

6 Likes

I wear skin tight spandex.

3 Likes
8 Likes

great pick, @TheRealDetectiveShoe! that is a super underrated scene that gets overshadowed by all the surrounding campiness.

this gif is so crisp and vivid and beautiful :sob:

i’m so glad you mentioned this one!

5 Likes

this is impossible for me because i could pick any scene from Batman or Batman Returns, but two that really grabbed me as a kid

the horror element is one of the things i find most striking and unique about the Burton movies. with all the horror motifs among Batman and his villains, a Batman movie without a strong thread of horror running through it feels like a waste to me!

ick i’ve seen it a hundred times but the cat chewing her finger still gets me

7 Likes

Sooo good! :+1:

4 Likes

Sorry, I can’t choose just one…
So I’m gonna have to go with a Tie for my favorite…

BvS Warehouse Scene

and

Everything on the 1989 Batman

6 Likes

Younger me was in the theater watching the entire sequence like

6 Likes

Same. :+1: It’s prevalent across almost all of his work and it imbues his work with an unforgettable uniqueness factor that is truly his and his alone.

4 Likes

it’s SO unique and beautiful! when he makes something without it like Dumbo or Big Fish i want to stage an intervention.

3 Likes

:laughing:

I can picture it- you, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, and Winona R. with index cards that you read your concerns from like

4 Likes

Thanks! I have to admit I like the “I didn’t count on being happy” scene better, but I felt like if I didn’t say the scene I did no one else would.

5 Likes

“Tim, we’re worried that you seem less alienated and depressed lately.”

3 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

i never really focused on those as individual scenes, so now i’m curious what the movie would be like without Jim Carrey’s shtick since it overwhelms everything else so much. and without the karate laundry scene but that goes without saying

3 Likes

I just streamed their latest album. Amazing. :smile:

5 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

I can’t pick just one, so a few of my favorites from assorted movies are:

Batman

• Batman’s intro during the cops and crooks shootout at Axis Chemicals.

The way he swoops down and the music…shivers in the best way. Good stuff.

• Batman and Vicki’s Batmobile escape from Joker’s goons, along with Batman’s subsequent takedown of said goons (hope the wanna-be swordsman kept his Swords 'R Us receipt).

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

• “I didn’t count on being happy.”

• The first time Bruce suits-up as Batman.

• Bashing Joker in the face and busting out one of his teeth.

Batman Forever

• Batman’s takedown of Two-Face’s men during the opening action sequence.

• Bruce’s talk to Dick about revenge, and how it can destroy a person.

• Bruce’s talk to Chase about why he became Batman (the first time Bruce explained why he became Batman in a LA movie).

BvS (Not technically a Batman movie in my eyes; rather, its an ensemble piece in which Batman is a main character, ala Justice League)

• The warehouse scene.

The choreography, camerawork and music all blend together beautifully for a triumphant scene of ass-kicking.

• The Trinity standing united for the first time.

Absolutely the BEST shot in the entire movie, no question.

4 Likes

You gotta love those fake punching sounds :laughing:

This is the best live-action Batgirl I’ve seen and I really like the suit.

2 Likes