What is Your Favorite SUPERMAN Power?

What is your favorite Superman (or Kryptonian-under-a-yellow-sun) power?

Super strength
Super speed
Invulnerability
Freeze breath
Heat vision
Super hearing
Telescopic x-ray vision
Solar Flare
Flight

If I missed any powers, feel free to add them in the comments.

10 Likes

Flight.

3 Likes

Flight

2 Likes

Super Speed

1 Like

looks at the list, thinks if he would want strength to turn coal into diamonds, then says “Nah.” like the guy at his desk in Superman: The Movie did, and then makes up his mind

Well, I have to go for two. They are (in order of importance):

1. Flight. All of the other powers Superman has are wonderful and grand (you thought I’d say “super” didn’t ya :wink: ) but flight is where it’s at for me.

You can soar into the sky as the air whips or roars (depending on your flight speed) over you, through the clouds, into the upper atmosphere and then plummet to the ground only to sonic boom your way back up to a triumphant perch above it all. Personally, I’d do everything Superman did (and more) when he took flight in Man of Steel for the first time.

Plus, there’s the romantic side of flight. Think about it. You can pick up your special someone and show them the world in ways nobody else could. You can fly through the heavens during the day and feel the warmth of the sun’s warming warmth and it’s glowing glow on yourselves and at night, you can soar into the sky together and be surrounded by the stars and moonlight as you hold each other, embrace and take in the everlasting joy of the moment. It’d be awesome.

1. Speed. Want to go to China and get real Chinese take out? Dean Cain did it in Lois & Clark through visual effects and editing but you can do it for real. Want to run across an ocean as whales are breaching and take in the mind boggling and captivating wonder and beauty of nature in ways no other human can? You literally have the power within you to do so.

Of course, these abilities would also allow you to help people and save the day when need be. All the joyriding is fun but using those powers correctly and doing what’s right is the imperative of having powers and abilities far beyond those of ordinary women and men.

2 Likes

His anger and heat vision. He’s more badass when he’s angry

2 Likes

Top 3:

1. Flight

2. Strength

3. Heat Vision

1 Like

In vulnerability “it won’t hurt!” Lol

1 Like

I just watched an episode of the 50s Adventures of Superman TV series here, where Superman reveals that he has the power to cure radiation poisoning in others by touch. So… that one?

2 Likes

Amnesia inducing superkiss…

https://youtu.be/E2hXpc4n9cc

1 Like

I’ve always been on x-Ray vision fan myself. I like the rare times he does a thunder clap too. Clears anything in his path, puts out fires, calms strong winds. With his freeze & power breaths he rarely uses the clap burst, but when he does, it’s always a surprise. I forget he has that in the bag sometimes.

3 Likes

Djd187!!! I’m so glad to see you in the forums!

I totally forgot about the thunder clap. Very cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think I’d go with invulnerability. I could fall off a building & I’d be ok. I like that. There’s that peace of mind & feeling of freedom to do anything, and I’ll be ok.

2 Likes

Flight or invulnerbility

Hi JL!!! I’ve been strictly comics for like 8 days. I djd’d the food thread to tell y’all where I’ve been. Thank u :grin: glad to see u in forums too. Thank u for the shout-out on food thread. I’ll told u & KittyKrawler thanks for the hellos.

2 Likes

I have to say Flying. How cool would it be to fly anywhere you want to go! :grinning:

1 Like