What Is Your Favorite Storyline That You Come Back To?

There are a few comic storylines that I come back to read when I need something comforting. I love the whole thing of having something that is a solid read whenever I get it. What are some of yours?

My favorites include: Batman: Year One, New Frontier, All-Star Superman, Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire, and Greg Rucka’s Checkmate.

1 Like

Batman: Black Mirror.
The Ring, The Arrow & The Bat.
Forever Evil: Blight.
Rotworld.
Teen Titans all.
GL Godhead.
Wolfman/Pere’z WW.
Peter David’s Supergirl run.
Superman: Blaze & Satanus War.
JLD whole series.
Suicide Squad: Janus Directive.
As of very recently The Omega Men.
Madame Xanadu since 1st X I read it.

1 Like

I agree with you on your choices. I really like the Morrison Batman run too, but it is a lot to read. I also really liked Snyder’s run on Swamp Thing. I got a beautiful drawing of Swamp Thing in my hardcover by Yannick.

1 Like

There’s so many that our hard to pull from memory which is what I did. If u noticed it took like 1 minute from when I began posting lol. I love the ones u just said. If I sat back & went thru my notebooks that I use to keep track of, & rate everything I’ve read. There’s a ton I know I just couldn’t think of on the spot. I repeat this a lot. But it’s true. It’s really hard to miss on any Batman, Superman or WW for me. Probably why & b/c their the Trinity. I’d say a lot would be true for JL in any form & plenty more I can’t call up from memory this second.

1 Like

I agree. There are so many that I would read and loved. I just added a few that I seem to read quite a lot. I just re-read All-Star Superman again yesterday, and I just love it. It makes me extremely happy and just brings a smile to my face. It is nice to have stuff that you can love. I just thought of another book that I read a lot. Batman: The Long Halloween

1 Like

Oh those go w/o saying for me lol. That’s why I just say it’s hard for me to miss with the Trinity. Dark Victory is a beautiful sequel to Long Halloween. I forgot Infinity Inc. 84’, all JSA, Any Huntress solo titles. HQ, Power Girl Power Trip, JLA Tower of Babel & a million more that will come to me eventually.

1 Like

I always find that it is such a nice thing to have so many quality writers and artists who want to take on the Trinity. It is extremely difficult and something that if it is bad, it magnifies it. I appreciate that we have been gifted with some amazing stores over the years.

1 Like

Oh yes. Glad it’s not up to me lol. They got picked to do what they do for a reason, ya know?

1 Like

I completely agree!

1 Like

My go to is haunted knight, long halloween, dark victory, the killing joke, infinite crisis, identity crisis, Luthor, hellblazer (original), death in the family. Many more.

1 Like

I have a deep scar from Death in the Family as a fan. It gutted me when they killed Jason. I was a young kid when it happened. I remember thinking that they killed a kid like me in a comic book.

1 Like

When I need a comfort read I always go back to the books that I read when I was young or at least remind me of that time.
Batman Year One
New Frontier
Robin Year One
Danny Way’s run on Deadpool
The Long Halloween

1 Like

Lots of great choices! :blush: