What is Your Favorite Era of Batman

Okay, I thought I would ask everyone when you thought Batman was his best? Or to put it another way, what is your favorite era of Batman? Do you like the pre-Robin Golden Age Batman? The Golden Age Batman? Or maybe the Batman who fought aliens and traveled through time in the Fifties or the campy Batman of the Sixties?

Maybe it’s because it’s when I grew up, but I think my favorite era for Batman would be the Seventies. It started out with the Denny O’Neil/Neal Adams run on the character and later there was the Steve Englehart run on Detective Comics.

5 Likes

What about Batman Beyond?

4 Likes

I’m including Batman Beyond as an era of Batman.

4 Likes

Man, This is tough. Year One Bat’s paired with Brave and Bold, the more comedic styling would be my number 1 into Golden Age.

I really love what DC did with Batman Beyond, it was really innovative for its time.

3 Likes

I will have to think a bit on this, but I put my knee jerk reaction down.
:laughing: :rofl: :innocent:

3 Likes

I’m really fond of the first decade of Batman stories, and I’m also a fan of the consecutive 1980s runs by Gerry Conway, Doug Moench, and Mike Barr. (The other runs in that decade are pretty good, too.)

3 Likes

The first ten issues of Batman’s beginnings in Detective Comics (Detective Comics #27-#37, 1939-1940) is the essence of who Bruce/Batman truly is in every respect. They’re the foundation of every iteration that we’ve seen of the character and are truly the epitome of the magic that can take place when great storytelling and compelling artwork meet. Just. so. good.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the 70s era, I seem to like that the best. There’s been so many great stories in that decade.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes