What is Your Favorite DC Video Game?

Great game. Thinking about downloading it again now lol

1 Like

I think Arkham Origins is the most under rated Batman game. It expanded on Arkham City’s excellent mechanics, had awesome costume design, and I felt was a pleasant experience to play.

I like Injustice 2 way more than I liked MKX, and as of now more than MK11. Its much more user friendly, and the the level of customization was also appealing.

Justice League Heroes though probably takes the cake. You and a buddy teamup as Batman and Superman to smash through a robotic nightmare? Yes please. The game featured many playable characters that were lesser known at the time like Zatanna and Huntress.

4 Likes

Are you ready for me to list a bunch of Batman games? Because I’m about to list a bunch of Batman games.

A toss up between the first 3 Arkham games- I like the focused nature of Asylum, the diversity of City, and I’ve just started Origins and LOVE the expansion of Gotham, which feels as monolithic and imposing as I’ve always thought it should. I’m lukewarm on Knight, but the Batgirl DLC was pretty good.

Also- Batman on both the NES and Genesis, and Batman Returns on the SNES, and The Adventures of Batman & Robin on Genesis.

I enjoyed Injustice’s story mode but its costume/character design was questionable at best. Haven’t played the second one yet.

Justice League Task Force wasn’t a great game but I have a nostalgic soft spot for it. It also introduced me to Green Arrow, Aquaman and a few other characters.

3 Likes

I like the telltale stuff.

2 Likes

Probably Arkham City

3 Likes

I just started playing Origins. While the Deathstroke fight was a little frustrating for my tastes, I think it has the best Gotham City in any of the Arkham games. Really nails the feel of Anton Furst’s production design in the 89 film, which I’m an unabashed fan of.

2 Likes

My favorite DC games have to be Injustice 2, Batman Arkham Asylum and City, and both Telltale Batman seasons.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s something to be said for a game that lets you play as Mullet Superman, no matter what flaws it may have. See also the Death of Superman beat-'em-up.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s the most basic fighting game you can imagine made to cash in on their popularity on the 16-bit systems. It paid the bills at Condor long enough for them to become Blizzard North and make Diablo.

2 Likes

I really loved Lego DC Villians and I don’t stop when I can mention Wolf among us, but the Arkham games are the best in my book

1 Like

I was just about to post this! I loved this game so much when I was younger, and have been hoping another Justice League game would come along.

2 Likes

I’ve played all the Arkham games more times than I can count. And I’ve played Injustice 1 & 2. I enjoyed all of them but if I had to pick a favorite, it be Arkham City. I loved all the twists it took. I really dug the music as well.

2 Likes

Probably one of the Arkham games.

1 Like

The Arkham games are great.
I honestly really enjoy DC Universe Online. I love that I can be a Green Lantern in the game or be a Red or Sinestro Corps member.

1 Like

The Arkham games. Can’t really choose from them cuz I like them all for different reasons. Knight had the best animation, and gameplay/features, and the most content, and I loved being able to ply as my favorite character, Nightwing (still waiting on a Arkham like series for him btw). But the story and everything felt stuck behind the Batmoible at times and the whole Todd thing was complete bullshit. They promised us Scarecrow was the main villain and that Arkham Knight was a completely new character and then baited and switched on us. Origins has my favorite story, but lacks in gameplay/features. Asylum lacks in animation, but it was the most well balanced when it comes to story and use of characters. City was just all over the place for me. It’s truly on the same level as Asylum in terms of gameplay and animation but was otherwise all over the place for me. Too messy. But still a great game that’s just my personal taste.

I really enjoyed the Justice League game they made for XBox. It was similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

1 Like

Totally agree, though that Arkham City cover could really use a few more quotes

1 Like

Yeah Arkham City is gold. I think I beat the story 6-7 times. A also completed every challenge and campaign 3/9 stars with every character. First game I got 100 percent achievements.

1 Like

I like the old school side scrolling Batman NES! It was great and I felt like Keaton cleaning up Gotham!

1 Like