What Is Your Favorite DC Superhero And Sidekick?

nah kilowog is his own welll is he a man?

2 Likes

Okay, if it can’t be Supes, than it’s definitely Aquaman.

3 Likes

My favorite hero has probably got to be dr. Fate

And my favorite side kick is damion Wayne

3 Likes

Probably Bart Allen (Kid Flash) and Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle), comic and the Young Justice versions. For many reasons, imo Bart was my favorite Kid Flash due to my liking comic wise and cementing in Young Justice. Jaime cause he introduced a enthralling story in his beetle and how the beetle itself was morphed throughout time. Originally being a serum at first, then retconned into another hero as a mystical artifact then the alien tech. Which widens it’s grasp on me, Blue Beetle has always been a bit of an interest for me especially with my love for the history behind the bug and hero. Though Wally is quite the character, Bart was honestly my favorite speedster sidekick from the get go of his introduction. Just by my love of younger characters keeping a glow even if it’s an act

4 Likes

SuperBoy is both for me.

4 Likes

My favorite hero/sidekick pairing is easily Dick Grayson as Batman with Damian Wayne as his Robin. Bruce/Damian doesn’t work, and Dick/Bruce worked (but now that Dick is grown up, the lead/sidekick dynamic doesn’t work so much; they’re better written as old friends), but the idea of the classic Batman/Robin relationship inverted is a fantastic Morrison innovation.

7 Likes

Green Lantern, with sidekick Green Arrow

5 Likes

Favorite hero has got to be green arrow- Oliver Queen- I like his character cause he shows the most growth, and development as a character- he was tired, overworked, stressed at his job so he filled that void with wrong things and made some bad decisions- and became adventurous party type but when he was lost at sea on island it changed his way of thinking of fundamentally it taught him to work hard, stay motivated, and live off the land so he wouldnt starve. But the island also showed him true crime: the black market, gang war, drug trade- criminals attack on the common man. So he decided to defend the common man-the ones who were disenfranchised, the average citizen, or the ones that fell through the cracks. He became green arrow and he abandoned his wealth so he could fight the evil at its root on the street. He accepted his flaws, he realizes he’s still got things to work on, but he continues to put in work and each day he gets better. He has an aggressive stance towards injustice and crime and unfortunately that puts him at odds with the justice league and other heroes but he even says that he doesn’t want to fight galactic threats, he wants to be out there fighting crime at the street level for the common man. (I’ll admit I don’t like some of the politics behind it- but message itself and his passion is something to look at) Plus, he’s fine with being the outcast and being on the margins. But he does honor the ideals of the justice league. He dispatches criminals instead of letting them go- he was once trained by deathstroke and other top assassins but he only dispatches them for a purpose - for the common man- he’s witnessed too many atrocities by criminals to let them go free (Prometheus, Seattle city slasher)

198926CF-F769-4DF1-BD6C-003A8C769434
Nightwing- Dick Grayson- he’s a good sidekick and also a good leader, he’s just an all around nice guy and even though he chooses to operate alone sometimes, he continues to maintain a healthy relationship with his former mentor batman even though they had a lot of differences in the past.

1 Like

Other than the Trinity? Will have to go with Hal Jordan. He has a certain swagger that I like. I must admit to not having read a lot of GL books, but I am attracted to that whole mythos… and I like me some space stories.

4 Likes

my favorite is batman and robin. i also like black canary

1 Like

Welcome! @jokerfan23421!

Hmm. Favorite sidekick is definitely Tim Drake. No question.

Hero is tough. Like Superboy. Like half the roster of LoS. Like Azrael. Too many to chose from.

@IGbigjoe.mobile maybe you like yellow costumes? :wink: Also, I’m pretty sure Impulse is the Kid Flash from Young Justice. Peter David definitely used him. Bendis is currently.

@moro Hal Jordan is also one of my favorite heroes as well. I think the Geoff Johns books are pretty neat. And most of the older stuff. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Kyle Rayner will forever be my favorite and the best GL as he is the character that got me into DC

Damian Wayne is my fav sidekick, the exchanges between him and Dick while Dick was Bats are classic

Damian-Wayne

4 Likes

Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El)

1 Like

Hmm super hero I would have to go with azreial (not as Batman ) And I would argue that Alfred is a sidekick and he is my favorite

1 Like

Thanks for cracking me up. Good observation, a comic call for clarity (not the rock). :smiley:

1 Like

i don’t think there’s one I don’t like, but my favorite hero is Bumblebee.

1 Like

Great thread. My all time favorite character is obviously Nightwing.
Favorite sidekick is hard cuz I love Robin but only when it’s Dick cuz he’s the only one to don the mantle to be a true contrast to Batman. Um… I love Kaldur from Young Justice. Way better character than Garth. Donna Troy is cool too.

1 Like

DICK IS NOT A SIDEKICK!!! HE IS HIS OWN MAN AND CHARACTER… DC just doesn’t treat him like one even though they advertise him as one.

1 Like

Hero: The Question (Vict)
Sidekick: Robin (Carrie)

2 Likes