What is your dream DCAU movie?

What is your dream DC Comics animated universe film? If you could pick the next subject, what would you do?

For me, it has to be an adaptation of the original Green Lantern/Green Arrow team up starring Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan and Alan Tudyk as Green Arrow. These guys obviously have wonderful chemistry from Firefly/Serenity and being that Green Arrow is my favorite DC character, it’s a no brained

What’s your pick?

11 Likes

No brainer***. Sheesh autocorrect y u do dis

Auto correct gets pleasure from making people’s posts seem off :scream: with the slightest modification :joy: also so many to choose from

It might be tricky, but I’d love to see Blackest Knight.

3 Likes

A death in the family, knightfall. I would rather have a knight fall book cause that would be AMAZING

I can’t think of exactly what I’d want the plot to be offhand but it would be something with a huge budget to showcase exceptionally beautiful and dynamic animation.

Addendum: it would also be a movie with a major theatrical release. We sorely need more high-end animated theatrical releases that aren’t all full of songs, big name actors collecting an easy check, lazy writing that relies on cheesy blink and you miss it pop culture, etc.

1 Like

I’d love to see a DCAU take on the Question storyline from 52 with Vic Sage and Renee Montoya.

2 Likes

Come to think of it, I’d like to see a movie with an original story. I love adaptations of comic material as much as anyone, but if someone came up with a great original idea and it was supported by first rate talent and animation while receiving a wide theatrical release, (and it was a good movie), I’d happily see a flick like that multiple times.

4 Likes

Already happened, Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

A teen titans vs justice league

2 Likes

Wonder Woman, but based of the new 52 storyline

3 Likes

Wonder Woman based on the First Born storyline. I’d also like to see Wonder Woman/Superman vs Zod/Faora. Wonder Woman Bloodlines is coming, but I’m not sure what it’s about. If it is based on the First Born, then I’d have to go with a Batgirl: Year One movie.

2 Likes

A Lobo movie With an R rating would be great. Or a Dark Nights Metal movie with a great sound track.

5 Likes

Superman:Red Son.

2 Likes

Oh man, an R-rated animated Lobo flick?! Great Caesar’s ghost would that be awesome! Balls to the wall action and madcappery as only the Last Czarnian could do it. Plus maybe take some digs at animation from other studios.

“Minions? I got your minions right HERE!”

4 Likes

I wanna see the Green Arrow: Outsiders War storyline adapted.

1 Like

A three part animated adaptation of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS told over one year with it leaning into the DC Multiverse of the original series combined with the continuities created since like the DCAU, YOUNG JUSTICE, and NEW 52. Have the animation mimic the look of Perez’s art and bring in Wolfman to assist with the adaptation and watch the units move.

3 Likes

A serious Legion of Super Heroes animated movie. Followed by a fun Legion of Substitute Heroes short in the universe of course.

2 Likes

The Button storyline with Batman and The Flash .

2 Likes