What is the most overrated DC story?

Heroes in Crisis

3 Likes

The Dark Knight Returns was the first one to pop into my head.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a reason for thatā€¦ soooā€¦ final answer.

1 Like

Metal. Itā€™s simply awful

3 Likes

Metal is a mess with some nice disjointed scenes. Just saying something is like heavy metal doesnā€™t actually make it interesting

6 Likes

Batman ā€˜89
Most things by Frank Miller

The common theme behind many of the overrated stories are that people idolize them due to nostalgia. The fact that the stories were ā€˜influentialā€™ is often used as an argument that they were written well. Oftentimes the things these stories got so well was the tone of a character. The actual writing is mediocre at best.

4 Likes

The Long Halloween.

Dark Knight Returns
Battle for the Cowl

Identity Crisis
Metal

1 Like

Metal started off with such potential and had such a lackluster ending! spent over $120 easy on it just for Snyder to be like "hey this was just one long setup that wonā€™t pay off until my later stories then I finish Vol one of his JL and same thing! I loved his run on Batman but since then I am hesitant to spend money on his stuff now.

Also, probably gonna get some hate on this one but Hush comic is good but I donā€™t get the hype. I feel like Loeb was just trying to out do his Long Halloween but it fell short to me.

3 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 OUTRAGEOUS! That which burdens me is not hate, nay, only despair at the lowest depths to which humanity hath sunk. (Thatā€™s an Aquaman joke too!)

2 Likes

TheBatmanofNML LOL! Dolphinitely love me some Ocean jokes :slight_smile:

I agree, Metalā€™s ending was meh.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my unpopular opinion: Batman Hush is an OK but overrated story.

Through out the reading I felt like this story was building up towards some bigger culmination. It was clearly implied that Tommy is the man behind all this, so the big question was the motivation, why does he have so much hatred against a childhood friend. Then it turned out that Tommy was just another rich child who was inherently evil for no reason. The book is OK to me but not particularly impressive.

1 Like

Killing Joke the movie altho i did like it

Flashpoint. Wildly overratedā€¦ and in multi-mediaā€¦DONE. TO. DEATH!!! There are a thousand good Flash stories out there WB/DC! Letā€™s give Flashpoint a rest and go someplace else!

4 Likes

TDKR. Nuff said.

Iā€™ve kind of grown a distaste for most Justice League alien invasion stories. Like, I get that alien invasions are cool and all, but I donā€™t know. it just feels like itā€™s overused sometimes.

2 Likes

Seeing a lot of Killing Jokes. Could not agree more.

For me itā€™s a three-way tie between Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke and Superman: Red Son. Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t hate these stories, but I think the cult of personality around each is stronger than the stories theyā€™re supporting.

1 Like

Man, is there a thread for comics people feel are underrated? Because yaā€™ll are hurting my feelings and making me cry. :cry:

3 Likes