What is the most overrated DC story?

Infinity Crisis? Big deal!
The Dark Knight Returns? Never heard of it!
Batman '89? YES! (no human being can complain about that movie.)
What are your most overrated stories? They can be issues, series, events, movies, anything!

1 Like

I was going to say The Court of Owls, but then I remembered that The Long Halloween exists.

1 Like

No Man’s Land

WHOAH, @ralphsix! That hurt! I appreciate what I hope was, and believe to be, a good joke but somethings cannot be taken lightly!

3 Likes

Batman Endgame. Oh my God, it’s one of the most bland Joker stories I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

I can complain about Batman '89 (though I still like it).

I think Batman:Hush is very overrated. I agree with some others that have been mentioned. TDR comic wasn’t great, but I love the animated movie. Death of the Family wasn’t great either.

3 Likes

Dark Knight Returns.

2 Likes

Batman Endgame

That is NOT a good Joker.

2 Likes

Death of the Family (the one where Joker has the scraped off and stapled face thingy going on) I just think it’s a horrible characterization of the Joker and I hate it.

1 Like

I love Injustice 1 but Injustice 2’s story was not as great

3 Likes

Batman ‘89 is pretty bad, even if Michael Keaton is pretty good in it. Hush is also extremely overrated. I don’t think Dark Knight Returns is overrated, per se, but I do think people tend to like the wrong things about it.

1 Like

Most overrated, and worst, DC story is Final Crisis. It was a trainwreck of epic proportions.

3 Likes

Overrated stories? Well… Flashpoint is just a tad overrated. Also, any Batman story by Grant Morrison is. In fact, I just think Morrison is overrated as a writer. He did good with All-Star Superman but everything else is weak and/or needlessly complicated.

2 Likes

The killing joke. I can see the desire to want to break Gordon, but the “origin story” is garbage. It took away much more from the Joker mythos than it gave back. In spades. It really did the character a disservice.

9 Likes

The Killing Joke. Oh, so much the killing joke. It’s a big load of nothing in my book and the story is painfully average. Also, Damian. Not that these stories lack potential, I just feel they didn’t deliver.

3 Likes

My vote also goes to The Killing Joke. I already disliked the story but then they decided to make it in continuity. I feel the same way about that one fact as others these days feel about the fact that Heroes in Crisis (at least for the moment anyway) is in continuity.

1 Like

The Killing Joke
The Long Halloween
Identity Crisis

WOW!! I love The Killing Joke! This is shocking to me. It does drive me nuts that some people think Alan Moore created the Red Hood origin (he didn’t), but I think the story was fantastic.

I think No Man’s Land is overrated. It was fine at the time, but it just doesn’t hold up. (IMHO, of course).

Judas contract

The Dark Knight Returns is massively overrated.

1 Like