What is the best ever movie made under the DC banner

60’s Batman.

2 Likes

Personal favorite would be Superman III, but II is probably objectively better. Shazam is the best one made in this century.

1 Like

@phylemon, no movie is objectively better than any others. It’s all a matter of personal opinion, after all. As long as we’re being fair and honest, there’s no wrong opinion. I liked Superman 3 better than 2 myself.

1 Like

“Superman and the Mole Men”. I’m kidding of course, but this little gem made in the summer of 1951 is quintessentially Superman because of its message. It’s a nice slap in the face to the intolerance of the “McCarthy Era”. It’s on the app as the two-part episode, “The Unknown People” at the end of season one of The Adventures of Superman.
Oh, by the way, the best movie under the DC banner? What else, “Superman: The Movie”.

2 Likes

Wonder Woman

5 Likes

Man of Steel closely followed by The Dark Knight . Absolutely love these two masterpieces!!

1 Like

MOS is a masterclass of a film. And the first batman.

1 Like

Gotham by Gaslight
(Honorable mentions: Wonder Woman and Crisis on Multiple Earths.)

2 Likes

Really difficult to choose, so I’ll just say my top 5 in no order.

The Dark Knight
Wonder Woman
Superman
Shazam!
Batman Begins

4 Likes

Superman The Movie.
But I’ve probably seen Batman:The Movie the most.

2 Likes

Batman 89

2 Likes

Batman V Superman

2 Likes

Nolan’s Dark Knight. A brilliantly structured story from beginning to end. Many great disturbing concepts well presented throughout.

3 Likes

Lots of love for Dark Knight, of course, and I can’t really argue against that, but I do love some Christopher Reeve Superman.

2 Likes

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

1 Like

Shaman! for me is one of the best standalone super hero movies of all time. If someone from another planet came here (huhuh) and asked to watch 3 movies about super heroes, it would be Superman, Raimi’s Spiderman 2, and Shazam!.

3 Likes

DCEU MoS, or DCAU DoS.

Superman: The Movie was the first to pop into my mind.

After reading the above responses, while most are fantastic movies, my mind has not changed.

After Googling every movie ever made under the DC banner, while some are amazing - especially many of the animated films - my mind has not changed.

Chris Reeve 4Eva.

4 Likes

@Super-Squirrel,
I like your style!
Superman78
Christopher Reeve will always be my superman!

2 Likes

Dark knight

1 Like