What is The All-Time Greatest Batman Costume

The dark knight is the best to me. Love blacked out.

The Gotham by Gaslight version, hands down. Immensely practical and made from the simple tools of its day.

3 Likes

@Desade A unique answer, but one I can’t disagree with.

The darker blue-n-grey look post-Knightfall, especially as drawn by Graham Nolan. More subdued without being allergic to color or having a painfully boring symbol.

Runner-up is the classic look as drawn by Adams or Aparo, and third place goes to the Batman: TAS original suit.

1 Like

@Batwing52 I get your point. I’m probably not as scrutinizing as you may be when looking at a comic panel. I just know what looks good to my eyes :slightly_smiling_face:. You probably don’t like Lee Bermejo’s Damned costume then, huh? A lot to unpack in that design! Also one of my favorites.

Y’all are sharing toy Batman costumes? I am resisting the urge to spam the thread with pictures of my favorite Batman action figures and statues :joy:

5 Likes

@moro If you’d like to dedicate a thread to that in CC, I’ll be your audience :wink:

2 Likes

Rebirth is my favorite design, it looks so cool. Sorry, I didn’t realize that the picture would zoom in on that specific place.

4 Likes

Starts contemplating Batman figures worthy of a CC thread :thinking:

1 Like

i second that, @Vroom and @moro!

i do love the rebirth cape’s purple lining. such a divergent feature, but it works!

4 Likes

I have to go with the Arkham games as my favorite. Any of them work. Also the rebirth suit is nice.

Flashpoint and Beyond are great as well.

4 Likes

@NYJt3, Arkham Knight Batman is a great looking design, imo. I can’t play video games worth $&%# but that is one intricately designed suite. Also, there have been enough of those games over the past 10 years that to many people that may be the definitive look.

2 Likes

I love the classic drawn by Aparo, and Bermejo’s version.

3 Likes

Aparo‘s is pretty iconic. I’m more a story guy than an art guy, but I always recognize Aparo.

How about the many creative costumes which can be found in the toy lines? They’ve got some crazy designs.

3 Likes

@BatWatch Regarding toy designs for Batman, he’s got at least 230 of them from Kenner/Hasbro alone.

Then there’s the designs from DC Direct/Collectibles, Mattel, Jakks Pacific, import companies, Mego (vintage and modern), Lego and others, on top of whatever Spin Master and McFarlane Toys have planned for next year and beyond.

I bet Bruce secretly Boom Tubes his way into our reality and has bought every Batman figure to decorate his own man cave with.

3 Likes

I’m gonna flip it. My least favorite Batsuit is The Dark Knight/Rises. It’s the pinnacle of overdesigned superhero movie costumes. It almost seems to have kind of Mesoamerican influence in the pattern on the legs, but overall it’s just noise.

4 Likes

The very first one! With the purple gloves!

1 Like

@moro
I definitely agree. The costumes have grown in to my definitive Batman suits.
Also forgot it’s been out 10 years. Feels like yesterday to was just coming out.

2 Likes

I really think I have to go with the Keaton suit from '89 Batman. The logo is wrong, the head doesn’t turn, and it’s totally impractical in a fight, but when he spreads out the cape like a set of wings on the rooftop… absolute chills. It may be (visually) the best scene in any of the movies.

2 Likes

I’d have to go with the grey and blue with the yellow oval. You might say the 70’s suit but he had that suit until the 90’s. So yeah, that’s my favorite Batsuit!

Blue and gray with the yellow oval. Period.