What is a good intro to DC movies?

If he hates BvS and JL he is already a lost cause and doesn’t know good movies.

Keep in mind that people still continued to drink Coke after the Pepsi Challenge. Brand loyalty is a hard thing to deprogram, no matter how good the alternative is.

(Of course, I bought some Marvel comics this week, so it’s entirely possible to enjoy more than one brand…)

89’ Batman. Michael Keaton was my first Bruce Wayne and holds a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Shazam is probably my favorite superhero movie of all time, so I’d recommend that. If he can deal with older stuff with rough special effects (compared to current day) then the original Superman is by far the best movie. If you repeat it I’ll deny it, but I always tear up when I see Chris Reeve come out in the Superman costume for the first time. Also, if he associates DC with the dark Snyderverse, the original Superman is also great because it’s uplifting instead of downbeat and dreary like Zack Snyder’s movies.

2 Likes

I would say Wonder Woman, Shazam!, or the Christian Bale Batman films. For TV, I would go with the first episode of Doom Patrol.

1 Like

Hate to say it, but people who love BvS and JL are in a small minority. Many people have called BvS the worst superhero movie ever, and that’s a low bar to surpass.

“WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?” is a meme of ridicule applied to BvS. The YouTube channel, How It Should Have Ended (HISHE) has a Superhero Cafe frequently at the end of each almost-always superhero movie, always featuring Superman and Batman. The creators came up with their own super-destructive and hate-filled Adam Warlock character to attack the Cafe.

His name?

MARTHA.

In one episode, Superman is dejected. “I don’t know why people didn’t like our movie.”

Wonder Woman looks at Batman. “You KILLED people,” and looking at Superman, “And YOU forgot to smile!”

Superman facepalm. “Oh, gosh, you’re right!”

Most people are hyperbolic one way or another about recent releases.

Batman and Robin 66

I would say Shazam its pretty good

Batman 89 worked for me. I’ve been hooked ever since

Man of Steel are the two best super hero movies of all time. If he likes Marvel, he will love Batman and Robin. Mr. Freeze has so many good MCU puns and there are great gags like Robin wanting a car and the Batcredit card.

1 Like

With DC universe very own original “Titans” show

batwoman

There’s always Steel. It has some MCU-esque traits: it’s an origin story, it’s jokey, and it’s filled with military imagery.

You could show him CWs The Flash, even if I have a post hating on it is still a good intro (after some classic Batman).

I second @AlexanderKnox’s recommendation of Steel.

Nobody can resist Judd Nelson. Or that blonde, long-haired, toothpick fiddlin’ weasel his character got into business with.

Kevin “Black Beetle from Young Justice” Grevioux is in Steel too.

Plus, Steel co-stars the original Shaft, Richard Roundtree. He’s a bad mutha-!

1 Like

Shut your mouth!

1 Like

I’m just talkin’ 'bout Shaft!

3 Likes

We can dig it.

1 Like