What-If Battle: Omni-Man vs The Justice League and EVERYONE ELSE

Omni-Man wouldn’t even beat Superman.

2 Likes

The Viltrumites would come into the DC Universe, take a quick look around and then tuck tail and run back where they came from.

2 Likes

Okay, here’s what I want you to do: read the issue of invincible Spawn cameos in, and then read Spawn’s entire run.

Done?

Great!

THAT’S the universe the Vitrumites, which were a MASSIVE THREAT, are from, and Omni-Man is one of their strongest.

please, I’ve read this

3 Likes

There’s one hero we haven’t discussed who could easily defeat Omni-Man. In fact, any biological, thinking, living opponent who doesn’t operate through magic doesn’t stand a chance against him.

I’m talking about this guy.

Deadman could just take his body, fly straight into a black hole and never look back. Not even the fastest reaction time can stop an intangible opponent.

3 Likes

I will admit to not having followed the Invincible comics any further than catching up to where the show is, but here’s my hot take: Omni-Man isn’t really that powerful compared to the Justice League. He was able to beat the Guardians of the Globe thanks to thousands of years of hand-to-hand combat training and the element of surprise, but his actual power set seems to be:
So long-lived he might as well be immortal
Thousands of years of combat training
Flight
Nigh-indestructible
Can hold his breath for up to 2 weeks
Fast enough to escape the ergosphere (I hope I spelled that right) of a black hole
Able to crush a human skull by flexing his fingers
So… He’s Wonder Woman. He’s an evil Wonder Woman with a mustache whose powers are based in an alien evolutionary chain rather than magic, which means unlike her, he can’t exploit the Kryptonian weakness to magic, so if it was even one-on-one with Superman, he’d doubtless get some good licks in, but he’d ultimately lose, and that’s if Superman doesn’t have the rest of the Justice League helping him, and that’s if there isn’t all of these other teams from DC and beyond who have joined in in this scenario.

I’m going to be honest: Since comics are almost always radically changed for TV adaptations, I started the Invincible show without reading the comics, then I found out it was especially notable for its faithfulness to the comics, so I’m partway through catching up on the comics, but I’m not any further than where the show is currently, so if your replies will include spoilers for later comics arcs, PLEASE MARK THEM ACCORDINGLY!! Thx

2 Likes

Sorta spoiler here, so I don’t know if the show will do this, but Omni-Man actually fought someone INSIDE a Sun, something Wonder Woman would never survive. Hell, in DCeased, the Guardians of Oa said that all of the Green Lanterns plus Jon Kent wouldn’t be able to get Superman out of the Sun.