What happened to the Titans Finale

The finale I feel felt unfinished. I thought it was a great off shoot episode but placing it as a season finale was really lame. They advertised it as Robin vs Batman but at absolutely no time do they fight at all. Seeing Batman go homicidal was awesome but I would have placed it somewhere at like episode 9. Everything in the episode was just a tease. Seeing batman was a tease, the joker, arkham. It was all just a tease. What is the deal with not showing Batman in tv. I feel the way tv approaches Batman is very tired at this point. Interested to hear what you guys thought of it.

1 Like

TV approaches Batman this way apparently because of licensing issues. This ep wasn’t originally supposed to be the finale - there was supposed to be one more, but ultimately they decided to leave it on the cliffhanger that this episode provided, and rework ep 12 to start next season.

There is an interview here about that: https://batman-news.com/2018/12/26/titans-season-1-episode-count/

2 Likes

I just hope season 2 is renewed for at least 20 episodes. With the obvious “world/universe” building that took place in this so called first season, I feel that at least double the amount of episodes will do more toward actually storytelling. Not just filler episodes trying to establish as much fanboy eye candy as possible.

1 Like

…and I honestly feel that outside of cartoon representations, The Batman will never have a real or significant TV presence ever again.

1 Like

I would also like to see a full length 20-some episode tv-style season, but it doesn’t seem likely, looking at other streaming series that seem to have settled on the 10-13 episode ‘season’ as the norm. I’d like to see slightly longer run-times on the episodes as well, but I doubt we’ll get that either.

1 Like

I would love 20 episodes but I would almost be willing to bet money it won’t happen. (I said almost). As Christopher said, streaming services (or pretty much anyone but network TV) almost never do that many episodes in a season and DC hasn’t been starting that way either. Hell it is not even expected for TV series on network TV to do that anymore. Look at Orville or Legends of Tomorrow. So what are the odds a still new streaming service will do that are nearly non existent. Not trying to be a downer, just think when people hope for near impossible things like that going in they set themselves up for disappointment. Do agree while better done then the DCEU movies that Titans one flaw was it spent too much time world building. I mean they devoted more time to developing Hawk and Dove, who there is no word are getting a spin off then they spent on Doom Patrol who they know is getting a spin-off. Hell they spent more time developing them then they did Beast Boy who was one of only 4 regulars. Wonder Girl is almost in competition for more character development then Beast Boy. So unless Hawk and Dove are regulars next season, that was an awful lot of time for two non-main characters who may or may not even be getting a spin-off.

They decided to take the finale and make it the first episode of season 2. Said leaving season 1 on a cliffhanger was “more fun” or something

1 Like

Vfbdvfbtbfeb