What Happened To Landscape Orientation of the App? (Repost)

This issue has been bothering me also. Months have gone by since the problem arose, and no solution in sight.

Meanwhile, you are pushing a new, more expensive, membership level. One I would normally be ready to jump on. But, why would I want to pay more for an app that does not seem to have the ability to fix these kinds of issues?

4 Likes

I requested a follow up ticket I had on this. Too strange not to have this simple feature. It’s also an Accessibility issue to me.

3 Likes

Very disappointed that neither of the updates since the ultra tier have fixed this.

3 Likes

This is 100% the reason I am not renewing. This is a basic feature of functionality for building a digital platform for something like comic books. Every other digital app works in landscape (Marvel Unlimited, Comixology) except this one.

I understand bugs happen and they take time to fix, but this has been a “bug” for six months. At what point do you start calling it a feature just so people are aware of the problems before they subscribe and don’t even have to pay for this lack of support?

3 Likes

I will subscribe to Ultra if you just fix this problem. Seriously even if you don’t have a full-time developer, you can get someone on Fiverr or just ask your grandkids.

4 Likes

Having same issue.

3 Likes

Here we are March 2023 and this is STILL a problem - also I concur with OP’s comment that the access to the DC catalog is anemic - esp compared to Marvel Unlimited.

3 Likes

I cannot believe that this is still an issue. This is absolutely unacceptable. Cancelling my subscription now.

4 Likes

Hi! I can’t believe others are having issue with this as well. I thought it was just me! So are there any updates to this? It’s May 2023 and I still cant read my comics the way I want to. Are there any updates coming to the app? Or is DC waiting until the HBO merger with Discovery to happen? I need to know if this is still an issue or if there is a way for me to update this myself.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome back to the community. I’m sorry you’re still troubled by this issue - I recommend you reach out to our support team here (yourdcu.com/submit) so they can offer you the advice and information you’re looking for. Please be sure to let them know what type of device you’re using as well! Thanks for your patience!

They won’t do anything. We’ve been trying for over a year.

1 Like

I went ahead and reported the issue. The response I received was not encouraging. Cut and paste by AI or something. Here it is.

“Thank you for contacting DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Customer Care.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this suggestion with us. Our goal is to bring you an ever-expanding selection of titles from the DC library with new content & features across multiple platforms. In some cases, specific comics aren’t available for various reasons, including existing licensing agreements. We are always looking to add new features & platforms suggested by our members like you.

If you have any other thoughts, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We love hearing new ideas from DC fans!”

4 Likes

Yeah, that sounds about what I’d expect.

Show them with your wallet.

1 Like

I did. It drives me too nuts to navigate that way. But I’m happy to pay again when they get it fixed. In the meantime I check here every few months hoping for different news.

3 Likes

Yeah, I got that response too. Dang, Maybe we should tweet at them and let them know that we need this fixed

1 Like

This is going on two years now with no resolution and only lip service barely from the powers that be. Maybe some negative feedback on the ap store will help but I doubt. Obviously tech support doesn’t give a rat’s ass about this issue

5 Likes

When are you fixing the landscape issue?

3 Likes

Still happening for me in the iPad too.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Please reach out to our support team here → https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you for your patience!

What would this do? This has been an issue for over a year and it still hasn’t been fixed despite multiple support requests. People have left the service as a result.

3 Likes