What Happened To Landscape Orientation of the App? (Repost)

Three months ago I created this thread:

I’d have replied there to avoid spamming the forum, but it appears to have been closed.

Anyway, as suggested by the mod, I opened a trouble ticket via Zendesk to have a technical team look into the issue. I was told that the team was aware of the portrait/landscape issue and were working on a fix.

The issue still exists, so when I followed up last night, I got a canned response.

What is going on? Is the IT team understaffed? How long will this bug go on without being fixed?

Respectfully.

10 Likes

Hi @scarecroe! I’m sorry you’re still experiencing this. Our technicians are aware of this issue, but we don’t have an ETA for any possible fix, unfortunately.

1 Like

Three months and counting to fix an orientation issue is unacceptable. I have also sent in a ticket on this issue…twice. At least they could give us an estimated timeline for patches/updates. Let us know that something is actually being done. By now we have ascertained that they are aware of the issue. Now we need to know when to reasonably expect results.

6 Likes

This app………the My DC freezes every time I use it on my new iPad Air, none of my books show the blue line below them when I go to a series to see what book I’ve read, the app crashes, its a complete mess. I put in tickets months ago now and all I get is the “we are aware” response. It’s ridiculous. Maybe the app doesn’t have enough subscribers to have a true support team? All I know is we pay for a very broken app and it’s been months. Sucks I love DC comics so much :blush:

7 Likes

Yeah, I wish I understood it better. I assume there’s some inter-company politics going on that folks can’t talk about publicly. Because this is a very easy fix.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard anything? Support is just blowing me off.

1 Like

Hey there @scarecroe, I’m sorry to hear that the issue has not yet been resolved.

Unfortunately we are not able to provide any updates on our end regarding any potential fixes, nor am I able to provide an ETA for resolution at this time. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience in the matter.

1 Like

Support blew me off as well for my issues. Really stinks what is going on. I think we are in the minority having problems so the “we are looking into the issue” statement is easier then fixing for the handful of us having issues

2 Likes

App on Android no longer zooms in on landscape mode either. Was working just happened today.

2 Likes

They were working on the issue in May. They can’t fix an orientation issue in 4 months? Meanwhile, the bug fix team turns to cutting edge technology…

4 Likes

Did all app development get suspended or did a contract expire? What could else could take so long to reinstate landscape mode?

4 Likes

Maybe we just need more people complaining about it? I’d love to have landscape orientation on my iPad app, too!

2 Likes

I recommend submitting a request via https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The more people who report the bug, the better.

2 Likes

Not sure if this will work for you, but I dis figure out that if you click the three dot settings menu on the top right, when viewing a comic, and select “fit landscape view” that seemed to solve it for me.

1 Like

That’s a different setting. I see what you’re talking about in reading mode. We’re talking about the orientation of the app while browsing around the library.

1 Like

Thanks but as @scarecroe points out my issue is being unable to navigate in landscape. The comics can be read landscape but I have to toggle back and forth to navigate.

1 Like

Starting to wonder of the app has no support also. Maybe the new acquisition has affected the app as well? Just frustrating at this point. It’s kind of surprising the forums still exist.

1 Like

Just to add to the list here, this is happening for me as well. I tried to reply to the original but it is locked as having provided a solution, which is bogus. Agreed an orientation issue on one of the most popular devices in the world lasting for months is unacceptable. DC gonna DC I suppose

EDIT**

As an aside, and hopefully helpful to some of you, I had to go into the settings OF THE BOOK, and turn on the option on.

Open the issue you are wanting to read
Tap the screen
Tap the three dots in the Overlay UI
Settings
Landscape fit

This does NOT fix the issue in the main app, you will still have to browse the app in portrait mode, but at least I can read with my iPad in it’s keyboard dock now. Also as a “new member” I am not allowed to post this as a reply to my own comment. Yikes all around.

2 Likes

Not just for this reason, but I recently cancelled my subscription. Between a lack of support and how little of the back catalog is being grown between updates since launch in 2018, I just don’t think it’s worth it anymore. I’m pretty sad about it :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m sorry you weren’t happy with your subscription @scarecroe; I’ll be sure to note down your feedback. Hope you come back one day :heart: